Elton John Visited South African HIV Awareness Center on His Birthday
Elton John spent his 63rd birthday on Thursday, March 25 in South Africa visiting a HIV awareness center to see how the money from his AIDS Foundation has been spent. The veteran musician has donated $15 million from his charity to help set up projects in the country, to educate youngsters about the dangerous disease and help prevent its spread.
And the "Rocket Man" timed this week's visit to coincide with his birthday celebrations - spending the big day with his partner David Furnish and a group of soccer-loving teenagers at the Football for Hope Center (FFH), set up by the Grassroots Soccer charity, just outside Cape Town.
The singer says, "Soccer stars are the most powerful role models for young people today so it's fantastic that organizations like Grassroots Soccer are harnessing that power to educate young people about HIV. I can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday."
More Elton John News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?