Elton John Visited South African HIV Awareness Center on His Birthday
Elton John spent his 63rd birthday on Thursday, March 25 in South Africa visiting a HIV awareness center to see how the money from his AIDS Foundation has been spent. The veteran musician has donated $15 million from his charity to help set up projects in the country, to educate youngsters about the dangerous disease and help prevent its spread.
And the "Rocket Man" timed this week's visit to coincide with his birthday celebrations - spending the big day with his partner David Furnish and a group of soccer-loving teenagers at the Football for Hope Center (FFH), set up by the Grassroots Soccer charity, just outside Cape Town.
The singer says, "Soccer stars are the most powerful role models for young people today so it's fantastic that organizations like Grassroots Soccer are harnessing that power to educate young people about HIV. I can't think of a better way to celebrate my birthday."
More Elton John News
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set