Prince's Irish Show Cancellation Might Cost Him 3 Million Dollars
Prince's decision to cancel a 2008 concert in Ireland just days before the event will cost him a massive $3 million, it has been revealed. The musician was hit with a lawsuit from bosses at Irish promotions company MCD after he reportedly pulled out of a show at Dublin's Croke Park in June 2008 just 10 days beforehand.
The star's legal team agreed to settle the case out of court at a hearing in Dublin, Ireland in February, with details of the agreement kept private. But MCD bosses took the star back to court alleging he failed to hand over the settlement sum following the February hearing.
The case returned to Dublin's High Court on Friday, March 26, when a judge ruled against Prince and made the details of the agreement public in a bid to force the star to comply with the ruling, according to the Irish Times.
High Court Justice Peter Kelly also declared the order is aimed solely at Prince, not his representatives at the William Morris agency, who were absolved of liability in the case. Maurice Collins, a lawyer for MCD, has vowed to take the case to the European courts if Prince fails to hand over the money.
More Prince News
- Shirtless Orlando Bloom Cozying Up to Katy Perry Look-Alike in Malibu
- Jessica Jones and Trish Arrested in Season 2 Set Photos
- Nas Wants Serious Relationship With Nicki Minaj
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Cleavage, Pulls Down Her Bikini Bottom in New Racy Pics
- Get First Look at Idris Elba and Kate Winslet Amid Freezing Wilderness in 'The Mountain Between Us'
- Tiger Woods Apologizes, Blames 'Unexpected Reaction to Prescribed Medications' for DUI
- Inside Meek Mill and Nicki Minaj's Run-In at Miami Nightclub: He Keeps His Eyes on Her
- Is Fergie 'Kicked Out' of Black Eyed Peas?