Prince's Irish Show Cancellation Might Cost Him 3 Million Dollars
Prince's decision to cancel a 2008 concert in Ireland just days before the event will cost him a massive $3 million, it has been revealed. The musician was hit with a lawsuit from bosses at Irish promotions company MCD after he reportedly pulled out of a show at Dublin's Croke Park in June 2008 just 10 days beforehand.
The star's legal team agreed to settle the case out of court at a hearing in Dublin, Ireland in February, with details of the agreement kept private. But MCD bosses took the star back to court alleging he failed to hand over the settlement sum following the February hearing.
The case returned to Dublin's High Court on Friday, March 26, when a judge ruled against Prince and made the details of the agreement public in a bid to force the star to comply with the ruling, according to the Irish Times.
High Court Justice Peter Kelly also declared the order is aimed solely at Prince, not his representatives at the William Morris agency, who were absolved of liability in the case. Maurice Collins, a lawyer for MCD, has vowed to take the case to the European courts if Prince fails to hand over the money.
More Prince News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna