Joaquin Phoenix Talks About Exotic Animals Slaughter in New PETA Video
Actor-turned-rapper Joaquin Phoenix has stepped in front of the camera one more time in the name of animal rights - he's recorded a PETA campaign clip to urge stars against wearing exotic animal skins. The "Walk the Line" star has recorded a short film for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) calling on celebrities to stop wearing clothes and accessories made from creatures such as alligators, lizards and snakes.
He says, "Exotic animals are mostly unknown to us, and so is what they suffer before being turned into belts and bags. Every year millions of reptiles are slaughtered so handbags, belts and shoes can be made from their skin. The animals' welfare is not a consideration to those who hunt, skin and farm them."
PETA reps claim the video will be sent to stars including Jessica Simpson, Victoria Adams and Sarah Jessica Parker in a bid to change their fashion habits, according to Us Weekly.
More Joaquin Phoenix News
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson