Joaquin Phoenix Talks About Exotic Animals Slaughter in New PETA Video
Actor-turned-rapper Joaquin Phoenix has stepped in front of the camera one more time in the name of animal rights - he's recorded a PETA campaign clip to urge stars against wearing exotic animal skins. The "Walk the Line" star has recorded a short film for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) calling on celebrities to stop wearing clothes and accessories made from creatures such as alligators, lizards and snakes.
He says, "Exotic animals are mostly unknown to us, and so is what they suffer before being turned into belts and bags. Every year millions of reptiles are slaughtered so handbags, belts and shoes can be made from their skin. The animals' welfare is not a consideration to those who hunt, skin and farm them."
PETA reps claim the video will be sent to stars including Jessica Simpson, Victoria Adams and Sarah Jessica Parker in a bid to change their fashion habits, according to Us Weekly.
More Joaquin Phoenix News
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift