Joaquin Phoenix Talks About Exotic Animals Slaughter in New PETA Video
Actor-turned-rapper Joaquin Phoenix has stepped in front of the camera one more time in the name of animal rights - he's recorded a PETA campaign clip to urge stars against wearing exotic animal skins. The "Walk the Line" star has recorded a short film for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) calling on celebrities to stop wearing clothes and accessories made from creatures such as alligators, lizards and snakes.
He says, "Exotic animals are mostly unknown to us, and so is what they suffer before being turned into belts and bags. Every year millions of reptiles are slaughtered so handbags, belts and shoes can be made from their skin. The animals' welfare is not a consideration to those who hunt, skin and farm them."
PETA reps claim the video will be sent to stars including Jessica Simpson, Victoria Adams and Sarah Jessica Parker in a bid to change their fashion habits, according to Us Weekly.
More Joaquin Phoenix News
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy