Miley Cyrus Urges Friends to Stop Tweeting, Calling It 'Not Cool'
Miley Cyrus has become one of Twitter's biggest foes after spending years "tweeting" about her every move. The 17-year-old pop sensation announced she'd be quitting the popular social networking site in 2009 and now she's trying to convince other celebrities to give up the tweet.
The "Party in the U.S.A" singer says, "I was tired of telling everyone what I'm doing. I hate when I read things and celebrities say, 'I have no personal life.' That's because you write about everything that you're doing. I'd tweet 'I'm here' and wonder why a thousand fans were outside the restaurant. Hello, you just told them."
She admits that since she turned her back on Twitter, her life is a lot simpler, "I'm a lot less on my phone and a bit more social. I have a lot more real friends, not friends that are on the internet that I'm talking to - that's not cool, not safe and mostly not real. I've started telling kids that it's dangerous, it wastes your life and you should be outside playing sports instead of sitting in front of any type of screen! Everything is so much better when you're not wrapped up in that."
"It's lame when I'm hanging out with my friends and they're so busy taking pictures to put on Facebook, instead of enjoying what they're doing. You're gonna look back and have 10 million pictures, but you're not in one of them because you were too busy clicking away. I think it's best to stop telling people about it and enjoy the moment you're in yourself."
More Miley Cyrus News
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video