Miley Cyrus Urges Friends to Stop Tweeting, Calling It 'Not Cool'
Miley Cyrus has become one of Twitter's biggest foes after spending years "tweeting" about her every move. The 17-year-old pop sensation announced she'd be quitting the popular social networking site in 2009 and now she's trying to convince other celebrities to give up the tweet.
The "Party in the U.S.A" singer says, "I was tired of telling everyone what I'm doing. I hate when I read things and celebrities say, 'I have no personal life.' That's because you write about everything that you're doing. I'd tweet 'I'm here' and wonder why a thousand fans were outside the restaurant. Hello, you just told them."
She admits that since she turned her back on Twitter, her life is a lot simpler, "I'm a lot less on my phone and a bit more social. I have a lot more real friends, not friends that are on the internet that I'm talking to - that's not cool, not safe and mostly not real. I've started telling kids that it's dangerous, it wastes your life and you should be outside playing sports instead of sitting in front of any type of screen! Everything is so much better when you're not wrapped up in that."
"It's lame when I'm hanging out with my friends and they're so busy taking pictures to put on Facebook, instead of enjoying what they're doing. You're gonna look back and have 10 million pictures, but you're not in one of them because you were too busy clicking away. I think it's best to stop telling people about it and enjoy the moment you're in yourself."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March