Akon Cancels Sri Lanka Show Following Visa Denial
R&B star Akon has scrapped plans to play in Sri Lanka after government officials denied him a visa following public outrage over a sacrilegious video. The singer was set to perform in Colombo im April but Buddhist activists prompted officials to cancel the R&B star's visa after spotting scantily clad women dancing in front of a Buddha statue in Akon's new video "Sexy Chick".
Sri Lankan Buddhists staged angry protests outside the headquarters of the promoters earlier this week, prompting leaders to rethink Akon's permit, and the R&B star has now expressed regret about the video oversight.
He has decided not to appeal the visa decision and instead has postponed his trip to Sri Lanka. A statement from his management reads, "Akon is looking forward to performing for the people of Sri Lanka and we hope to have this situation resolved in the coming weeks."
- Kim Kardashian Planning to Use Her Toned-Down Image to Make Herself Richer
- Taran Killam Is the New King George of 'Hamilton' in New Instagram Photo
- Katherine Heigl and Josh Kelley Welcome Baby Boy - Find Out His Name
- Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise Have Mother-Daughter Date at Lakers Game
- Justin Bieber on Selena Gomez's Romance With The Weeknd: It's Only for Promotion
- Chris Brown and Rihanna May Start Hooking Up Again After Spotted Hanging Out Together
- Chris Pratt Shares Great Chemistry With Anna Faris in 'Mom' Sneak Peek
- Amber Rose Left Blushing After Beau Val Chmerkovkiy Kisses Her at NY Knicks Game