Akon Cancels Sri Lanka Show Following Visa Denial
R&B star Akon has scrapped plans to play in Sri Lanka after government officials denied him a visa following public outrage over a sacrilegious video. The singer was set to perform in Colombo im April but Buddhist activists prompted officials to cancel the R&B star's visa after spotting scantily clad women dancing in front of a Buddha statue in Akon's new video "Sexy Chick".
Sri Lankan Buddhists staged angry protests outside the headquarters of the promoters earlier this week, prompting leaders to rethink Akon's permit, and the R&B star has now expressed regret about the video oversight.
He has decided not to appeal the visa decision and instead has postponed his trip to Sri Lanka. A statement from his management reads, "Akon is looking forward to performing for the people of Sri Lanka and we hope to have this situation resolved in the coming weeks."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3