Akon Cancels Sri Lanka Show Following Visa Denial
R&B star Akon has scrapped plans to play in Sri Lanka after government officials denied him a visa following public outrage over a sacrilegious video. The singer was set to perform in Colombo im April but Buddhist activists prompted officials to cancel the R&B star's visa after spotting scantily clad women dancing in front of a Buddha statue in Akon's new video "Sexy Chick".
Sri Lankan Buddhists staged angry protests outside the headquarters of the promoters earlier this week, prompting leaders to rethink Akon's permit, and the R&B star has now expressed regret about the video oversight.
He has decided not to appeal the visa decision and instead has postponed his trip to Sri Lanka. A statement from his management reads, "Akon is looking forward to performing for the people of Sri Lanka and we hope to have this situation resolved in the coming weeks."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri