Akon Cancels Sri Lanka Show Following Visa Denial
R&B star Akon has scrapped plans to play in Sri Lanka after government officials denied him a visa following public outrage over a sacrilegious video. The singer was set to perform in Colombo im April but Buddhist activists prompted officials to cancel the R&B star's visa after spotting scantily clad women dancing in front of a Buddha statue in Akon's new video "Sexy Chick".
Sri Lankan Buddhists staged angry protests outside the headquarters of the promoters earlier this week, prompting leaders to rethink Akon's permit, and the R&B star has now expressed regret about the video oversight.
He has decided not to appeal the visa decision and instead has postponed his trip to Sri Lanka. A statement from his management reads, "Akon is looking forward to performing for the people of Sri Lanka and we hope to have this situation resolved in the coming weeks."
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?