Akon Cancels Sri Lanka Show Following Visa Denial
R&B star Akon has scrapped plans to play in Sri Lanka after government officials denied him a visa following public outrage over a sacrilegious video. The singer was set to perform in Colombo im April but Buddhist activists prompted officials to cancel the R&B star's visa after spotting scantily clad women dancing in front of a Buddha statue in Akon's new video "Sexy Chick".
Sri Lankan Buddhists staged angry protests outside the headquarters of the promoters earlier this week, prompting leaders to rethink Akon's permit, and the R&B star has now expressed regret about the video oversight.
He has decided not to appeal the visa decision and instead has postponed his trip to Sri Lanka. A statement from his management reads, "Akon is looking forward to performing for the people of Sri Lanka and we hope to have this situation resolved in the coming weeks."
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist