Father to File Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Michael Jackson's Physician
Michael Jackson's father is preparing to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the King of Pop's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, amid allegations he administered the drugs that ultimately killed his son. Murray has pleaded not guilty to one count of involuntary manslaughter after Los Angeles prosecutors charged him with administering the powerful anesthetic Propofol to Jackson minutes before the singer went into cardiac arrest in June 2009 and died.
Joe Jackson wants Murray held to account for medical malpractice and he has instructed his lawyer Brian Oxman to begin proceedings to file the wrongful death claims in Los Angeles County Superior Court next week. Oxman tells TMZ the Jackson family patriarch is seeking an unspecified amount of punitive damages, economic support, loss of companionship and loss of consortium.
Joe will be the only Jackson named as plaintiff, unless Oxman is contacted by other interested family members. However, the notice of the legal action has angered Murray's lawyer Ed Chernoff, who is confident any such claim will not be awarded. He says, "That's like throwing a bucket of water on a man drowning in the ocean."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny