Father to File Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against Michael Jackson's Physician
Michael Jackson's father is preparing to file a wrongful death lawsuit against the King of Pop's personal physician, Dr. Conrad Murray, amid allegations he administered the drugs that ultimately killed his son. Murray has pleaded not guilty to one count of involuntary manslaughter after Los Angeles prosecutors charged him with administering the powerful anesthetic Propofol to Jackson minutes before the singer went into cardiac arrest in June 2009 and died.
Joe Jackson wants Murray held to account for medical malpractice and he has instructed his lawyer Brian Oxman to begin proceedings to file the wrongful death claims in Los Angeles County Superior Court next week. Oxman tells TMZ the Jackson family patriarch is seeking an unspecified amount of punitive damages, economic support, loss of companionship and loss of consortium.
Joe will be the only Jackson named as plaintiff, unless Oxman is contacted by other interested family members. However, the notice of the legal action has angered Murray's lawyer Ed Chernoff, who is confident any such claim will not be awarded. He says, "That's like throwing a bucket of water on a man drowning in the ocean."
More Michael Jackson News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked