Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong No Longer Sure He's Bisexual
Green Day's star Billie Joe Armstrong has attacked fans who still take issue with comments he made about his sexuality 15 years ago, insisting he expects more from people who follow his group. The "American Idiot" singer has been married for 16 years, but it's a forgotten 1994 interview that still causes online fights in Green Day fan chat rooms.
Back then, the punk star said, "I think I've always been bisexual... It's a beautiful thing." He's not sure he can still claim to be bisexual, but he tells gay magazine Out that shouldn't be an issue for fans. He explains, "The fact that it is an issue is kind of phobic within itself. At some point... this should be something that's just accepted."
"I don't really classify myself as anything. And when it comes to sex, there are parts of me that are very shy and conservative. I want to respect my wife. My wife Googled 'Billie Joe Armstrong bisexual' (and) she's like, 'Yeah, there are about 20 pictures of you kissing different guys'."
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer