Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong No Longer Sure He's Bisexual
Green Day's star Billie Joe Armstrong has attacked fans who still take issue with comments he made about his sexuality 15 years ago, insisting he expects more from people who follow his group. The "American Idiot" singer has been married for 16 years, but it's a forgotten 1994 interview that still causes online fights in Green Day fan chat rooms.
Back then, the punk star said, "I think I've always been bisexual... It's a beautiful thing." He's not sure he can still claim to be bisexual, but he tells gay magazine Out that shouldn't be an issue for fans. He explains, "The fact that it is an issue is kind of phobic within itself. At some point... this should be something that's just accepted."
"I don't really classify myself as anything. And when it comes to sex, there are parts of me that are very shy and conservative. I want to respect my wife. My wife Googled 'Billie Joe Armstrong bisexual' (and) she's like, 'Yeah, there are about 20 pictures of you kissing different guys'."
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now