Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong No Longer Sure He's Bisexual
Green Day's star Billie Joe Armstrong has attacked fans who still take issue with comments he made about his sexuality 15 years ago, insisting he expects more from people who follow his group. The "American Idiot" singer has been married for 16 years, but it's a forgotten 1994 interview that still causes online fights in Green Day fan chat rooms.
Back then, the punk star said, "I think I've always been bisexual... It's a beautiful thing." He's not sure he can still claim to be bisexual, but he tells gay magazine Out that shouldn't be an issue for fans. He explains, "The fact that it is an issue is kind of phobic within itself. At some point... this should be something that's just accepted."
"I don't really classify myself as anything. And when it comes to sex, there are parts of me that are very shy and conservative. I want to respect my wife. My wife Googled 'Billie Joe Armstrong bisexual' (and) she's like, 'Yeah, there are about 20 pictures of you kissing different guys'."
More Green Day News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'