Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong No Longer Sure He's Bisexual
Green Day's star Billie Joe Armstrong has attacked fans who still take issue with comments he made about his sexuality 15 years ago, insisting he expects more from people who follow his group. The "American Idiot" singer has been married for 16 years, but it's a forgotten 1994 interview that still causes online fights in Green Day fan chat rooms.
Back then, the punk star said, "I think I've always been bisexual... It's a beautiful thing." He's not sure he can still claim to be bisexual, but he tells gay magazine Out that shouldn't be an issue for fans. He explains, "The fact that it is an issue is kind of phobic within itself. At some point... this should be something that's just accepted."
"I don't really classify myself as anything. And when it comes to sex, there are parts of me that are very shy and conservative. I want to respect my wife. My wife Googled 'Billie Joe Armstrong bisexual' (and) she's like, 'Yeah, there are about 20 pictures of you kissing different guys'."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'