Gerard Butler Begged to Re-Recording His Viking Voice Over Due to Accent
Scottish actor Gerard Butler insisted on re-recording his voice over for new animated movie "How to Train Your Dragon" after deciding his accent "wasn't strong enough" for his Viking character.
"The Ugly Truth" star portrays Viking father Stoick in the new Dream Works movie, but he was shocked when he saw a preview of the film and realized how much his distinctive Scottish accent had changed since moving to Hollywood.
So Butler begged directors Dean DeBlois and Chris Sanders to allow him back into the recording booth to rework his vocals. He says, "I actually saw the movie and believe it or not, I actually thought my Scottish accent wasn't strong enough, so I went back in and redid a lot of it, trying to make it sound a little more Viking!"
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7