Gerard Butler Begged to Re-Recording His Viking Voice Over Due to Accent
Scottish actor Gerard Butler insisted on re-recording his voice over for new animated movie "How to Train Your Dragon" after deciding his accent "wasn't strong enough" for his Viking character.
"The Ugly Truth" star portrays Viking father Stoick in the new Dream Works movie, but he was shocked when he saw a preview of the film and realized how much his distinctive Scottish accent had changed since moving to Hollywood.
So Butler begged directors Dean DeBlois and Chris Sanders to allow him back into the recording booth to rework his vocals. He says, "I actually saw the movie and believe it or not, I actually thought my Scottish accent wasn't strong enough, so I went back in and redid a lot of it, trying to make it sound a little more Viking!"
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7: Major Spoiler About Daenerys Leaked
- Emma Roberts and Ex Evan Peters Spark Reconciliation Rumors After Spotted Together
- Taylor Swift NOT Hooking Up With Todrick Hall
- Katy Perry Unveils Three 'Rise' Remixes
- New 'Empire' Season 3 Trailer Gives First Look at Mariah Carey's Kitty
- New 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set Pics Reveal Thor and Loki's Costume and Tease a Mystery Character
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing