Gerard Butler Begged to Re-Recording His Viking Voice Over Due to Accent
Scottish actor Gerard Butler insisted on re-recording his voice over for new animated movie "How to Train Your Dragon" after deciding his accent "wasn't strong enough" for his Viking character.
"The Ugly Truth" star portrays Viking father Stoick in the new Dream Works movie, but he was shocked when he saw a preview of the film and realized how much his distinctive Scottish accent had changed since moving to Hollywood.
So Butler begged directors Dean DeBlois and Chris Sanders to allow him back into the recording booth to rework his vocals. He says, "I actually saw the movie and believe it or not, I actually thought my Scottish accent wasn't strong enough, so I went back in and redid a lot of it, trying to make it sound a little more Viking!"
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner