Dennis Hopper's Walk of Fame Could Be His Final Public Appearance
Dennis Hopper's Hollywood Walk of Fame honor on Friday, March 26 could be the movie veteran's final public appearance, if new court papers are to be believed. Fans who show up to salute the "Easy Rider" star are in for a big shock - because the frail actor has been left ravaged by cancer and now weighs a little over 100 pounds (45 kilograms), according to a document filed by the attorney in Hopper's ongoing divorce battle with estranged wife Victoria Duffy.
The lawyer, Joe Mannis, has also submitted a declaration from Hopper's doctor, in which the medic states, "It is doubtful that Mr. Hopper will ever recover sufficiently to be subject to a deposition." In the legal documents, obtained by TMZ, the actor says he is willing to pay Duffy $5,000 - a-month in spousal support - and that's all he can afford.
But his soon-to-be ex insists Hopper is worth much more than he's claiming, insisting he has made a small fortune from sales of his art and income from his acting career. But the "Blue Velvet" star claims he has spent almost all the money he has made on his art efforts storing his paintings and drawings.
In nine years, he claims he has sold $1.9 million worth of art - but spent $1.85 million on his second career. The ailing movie legend will unveil the 2,403rd star in front of the Egyptian Theater on Hollywood Boulevard on March 26.
Viggo Mortensen will be on hand to induct Hopper into the Walk of Fame. Hopper, 73, is suffering from terminal prostate cancer and reportedly has just weeks to live.
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'