Lea Michele Had 'Glee' Audition With Injuries After Nasty Collision
Actress Lea Michele almost missed out on her starring role in U.S. TV show "Glee" after she was involved in an horrific car accident on the way to her audition. The 23-year-old plays wannabe actress Rachel Berry in the popular musical comedy, which is based around an all-singing, all-dancing choir at a fictional Ohio high school.
But on her way to a callback from producers, Michele found herself embroiled in a nasty collision - and racing to get to the audition in time. She says, "I had three auditions; the first time, the piano player messed up and they were laughing at me. I was like, 'Why are you laughing? This is supposed to be a serious scene.' But it turned out I was doing a lot of things very much like Rachel Berry."
"For my second audition I got into a massive car wreck, left my crashed car in the street and ran into the audition with cuts and glass in my hair. And then on the final audition, I had the worst neck ache from the car accident, but I'm here now."
More Lea Michele News
- 'The Originals' to End After 5 Seasons
- Linkin Park's Frontman Chester Bennington Commits Suicide at 41
- Hulu Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Marvel's Runaways', 'Mindy Project' and More
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'