Michael Fassbender Faces Restraining Order Filed by Ex-Girlfriend
"Inglourious Basterds" star Michael Fassbender has been targeted in a restraining order filed by his ex-girlfriend, who alleges she fears for her life after he reportedly broke her nose in an alcohol-felled bust-up in 2009. Sunawin Andrews filed a request for the ban in Los Angeles County Superior Court in early March, stating they fell out in July 2009 after the Irish actor returned home from a film festival drunk.
According to the legal papers, Fassbender, who won critical acclaim for his role as Irish hunger strike leader Bobby Sands in 2008's "Hunger", reportedly woke up in his own urine and started becoming violent towards Andrews, before he "threw (her) over a chair and broke (her) nose".
But that wasn't the only violent episode he displayed, according to his ex. She also claims Fassbender dragged her alongside their car on another night after an argument about one of her ex-boyfriends. On that occasion, Andrews alleges she was left with a twisted left ankle, a blown knee cap and a burst ovarian cyst.
Andrews is seeking the court approval of the restraining order request to keep Fassbender at least 100 yards away from her and her two kids at all times. She is also requesting $20,000 in compensation to cover her medical bills, reports TMZ. The 32-year-old actor has yet to respond to the allegations.
More Michael Fassbender News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns