Michael Fassbender Faces Restraining Order Filed by Ex-Girlfriend
"Inglourious Basterds" star Michael Fassbender has been targeted in a restraining order filed by his ex-girlfriend, who alleges she fears for her life after he reportedly broke her nose in an alcohol-felled bust-up in 2009. Sunawin Andrews filed a request for the ban in Los Angeles County Superior Court in early March, stating they fell out in July 2009 after the Irish actor returned home from a film festival drunk.
According to the legal papers, Fassbender, who won critical acclaim for his role as Irish hunger strike leader Bobby Sands in 2008's "Hunger", reportedly woke up in his own urine and started becoming violent towards Andrews, before he "threw (her) over a chair and broke (her) nose".
But that wasn't the only violent episode he displayed, according to his ex. She also claims Fassbender dragged her alongside their car on another night after an argument about one of her ex-boyfriends. On that occasion, Andrews alleges she was left with a twisted left ankle, a blown knee cap and a burst ovarian cyst.
Andrews is seeking the court approval of the restraining order request to keep Fassbender at least 100 yards away from her and her two kids at all times. She is also requesting $20,000 in compensation to cover her medical bills, reports TMZ. The 32-year-old actor has yet to respond to the allegations.
More Michael Fassbender News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour