Dave Grohl and Slash Become Closer Because of Their Kids
Foo Fighters' frontman Dave Grohl agreed to a guest appearance on Slash's upcoming solo album after they bonded over chats during the school run. The former Nirvana's drummer and the ex-Guns N' Roses's guitarist became friends after discovering their children attended the same school.
And Grohl admits their shared personal interests led to a professional collaboration on Slash's new self-titled record. He tells Britain's Absolute Radio, "It's funny because his kids used to go to the same school as mine."
"So that's kinda how we met and started hanging out and so, you know, when your kids go to the same school as someone else's, the moms start asking the other moms for favors and it becomes a whole new thing. And he basically said, 'Hey, I'm making a record, do you want to sing a song?' And I said, 'No, I don't really want to sing - I'll play drums, though'."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!