Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl: My Coffee Hospitalization Is Real
Foo Fighters' frontman Dave Grohl has confirmed a spoof video poking fun at his coffee "addiction" was based on a real medical emergency - he was admitted to hospital suffering chest pains after his grueling work schedule took its toll on his health.
A video of the rocker in the studio with his Them Crooked Vultures' bandmates surfaced last week and ridiculed Grohl's love of hot beverages. The clip ended with screen text which jokingly stated the rocker was "rushed to (a) doctor due to the onset of unwanted physical effects caused by too much caffeine. For reals (sic). He was kind of a mess."
And Grohl has now confirmed the video was sparked by a real-life health scare which doctors blamed on his excessive coffee drinking. He tells Britain's Absolute Radio, "That was a year ago, the Fresh Pots video. We were in the studio making a record and I was drinking a lot of coffee."
"At one point I was doing Vultures stuff at night, Foo Fighters stuff during the day and I had a newborn at home and I was sleeping maybe two or three hours a night on an air mattress in a guest bedroom. And yeah, I had too much coffee and I started having chest pains, so I went to the hospital and they told me to stop drinking so much coffee."
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism