Foo Fighters' Dave Grohl: My Coffee Hospitalization Is Real
Foo Fighters' frontman Dave Grohl has confirmed a spoof video poking fun at his coffee "addiction" was based on a real medical emergency - he was admitted to hospital suffering chest pains after his grueling work schedule took its toll on his health.
A video of the rocker in the studio with his Them Crooked Vultures' bandmates surfaced last week and ridiculed Grohl's love of hot beverages. The clip ended with screen text which jokingly stated the rocker was "rushed to (a) doctor due to the onset of unwanted physical effects caused by too much caffeine. For reals (sic). He was kind of a mess."
And Grohl has now confirmed the video was sparked by a real-life health scare which doctors blamed on his excessive coffee drinking. He tells Britain's Absolute Radio, "That was a year ago, the Fresh Pots video. We were in the studio making a record and I was drinking a lot of coffee."
"At one point I was doing Vultures stuff at night, Foo Fighters stuff during the day and I had a newborn at home and I was sleeping maybe two or three hours a night on an air mattress in a guest bedroom. And yeah, I had too much coffee and I started having chest pains, so I went to the hospital and they told me to stop drinking so much coffee."
More Foo Fighters News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story