Mary J. Blige Upset Florida Jazz Bosses Over Her Bizarre Demands
Mary J. Blige infuriated organizers of a Florida jazz festival on Saturday, March 20 by making bizarre demands and taking to the stage 90 minutes late, according to a U.S. report. The "No More Drama" hitmaker performed at the Jazz in the Gardens event at Miami's Sun Life Stadium, along with soul star Robin Thicke.
But Blige was more than an hour late for her headlining slot, meaning the show overran its allotted timings. A source tells the New York Daily News, "Her handlers kept saying that she would 'go onstage when she was ready'. But it was almost midnight when she got on, which took the entire festival into overtime."
And the singer had earlier angered bosses of the event by demanding the backstage area be cleared before she entered. The insider adds, "While she sat in her limousine, her personal guards came into the press tent to clear out the area like they were the Secret Service. They first demanded that all print and online journalists be kicked out because Mary didn't want to take questions. They were acting like she was Michelle Obama or Queen Elizabeth."
"When Mary finally emerged from her car, she walked into the tent for literally two minutes wearing dark shades - even though it was night time. She struck one pose and then walked off without bothering to say a single word. Her antics were extreme and unwarranted."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3