Mary J. Blige Upset Florida Jazz Bosses Over Her Bizarre Demands
Mary J. Blige infuriated organizers of a Florida jazz festival on Saturday, March 20 by making bizarre demands and taking to the stage 90 minutes late, according to a U.S. report. The "No More Drama" hitmaker performed at the Jazz in the Gardens event at Miami's Sun Life Stadium, along with soul star Robin Thicke.
But Blige was more than an hour late for her headlining slot, meaning the show overran its allotted timings. A source tells the New York Daily News, "Her handlers kept saying that she would 'go onstage when she was ready'. But it was almost midnight when she got on, which took the entire festival into overtime."
And the singer had earlier angered bosses of the event by demanding the backstage area be cleared before she entered. The insider adds, "While she sat in her limousine, her personal guards came into the press tent to clear out the area like they were the Secret Service. They first demanded that all print and online journalists be kicked out because Mary didn't want to take questions. They were acting like she was Michelle Obama or Queen Elizabeth."
"When Mary finally emerged from her car, she walked into the tent for literally two minutes wearing dark shades - even though it was night time. She struck one pose and then walked off without bothering to say a single word. Her antics were extreme and unwarranted."
- Lea Michele Cuddles With Late Boyfriend Cory Monteith in Heartbreaking Throwback Photo
- 'The Walking Dead' Producers Didn't Tone Down the Violence Despite Previous Claim
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Zoolander 2' Lead 2017 Razzie Award Nominations
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Her Killer Curves in New Puma Campaign
- Darren Criss Will Play Villain in 'The Flash' and 'Supergirl' Musical Crossover
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' First On-Set Photo Unearthed
- 'Jurassic World 2' Casts 'The Detour' Star Daniella Pineda in Key Role
- Fox News Dumps Controversial Contributor Stacey Dash