Police Investigating Cheryl Cole Rape Threat
Police are investigating claims singer Cheryl Cole was the target of a rape threat, according to a U.K. report. British TV presenter Dermot O'Leary, who stars alongside the Girls Aloud beauty on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor", alerted cops to a voice message on his phone aimed at Cole.
In the message, the caller allegedly made vile threats about the 26-year-old, reports Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "The message was of a sexual, threatening and sickening nature. Dermot was horrified when he heard it. He thought at first it was a sick wind-up (practical joke), but soon realized there was something sinister going on."
"Somehow this caller has tried to get hold of her number and somehow accidentally got Dermot's. If they were prepared to go to that effort, who knows what they would be prepared to do?" Cole is reportedly aware of the message, but the singer's spokesperson reveals she has not listened to it.
A police representative said, "We are investigating claims of an offensive message being left on a mobile telephone. It follows a complaint from a member of the public."
More Cheryl Cole News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby