Police Investigating Cheryl Cole Rape Threat
Police are investigating claims singer Cheryl Cole was the target of a rape threat, according to a U.K. report. British TV presenter Dermot O'Leary, who stars alongside the Girls Aloud beauty on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor", alerted cops to a voice message on his phone aimed at Cole.
In the message, the caller allegedly made vile threats about the 26-year-old, reports Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "The message was of a sexual, threatening and sickening nature. Dermot was horrified when he heard it. He thought at first it was a sick wind-up (practical joke), but soon realized there was something sinister going on."
"Somehow this caller has tried to get hold of her number and somehow accidentally got Dermot's. If they were prepared to go to that effort, who knows what they would be prepared to do?" Cole is reportedly aware of the message, but the singer's spokesperson reveals she has not listened to it.
A police representative said, "We are investigating claims of an offensive message being left on a mobile telephone. It follows a complaint from a member of the public."
More Cheryl Cole News
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares