Police Investigating Cheryl Cole Rape Threat
Police are investigating claims singer Cheryl Cole was the target of a rape threat, according to a U.K. report. British TV presenter Dermot O'Leary, who stars alongside the Girls Aloud beauty on Simon Cowell's talent show "The X Factor", alerted cops to a voice message on his phone aimed at Cole.
In the message, the caller allegedly made vile threats about the 26-year-old, reports Britain's The Sun. A source tells the publication, "The message was of a sexual, threatening and sickening nature. Dermot was horrified when he heard it. He thought at first it was a sick wind-up (practical joke), but soon realized there was something sinister going on."
"Somehow this caller has tried to get hold of her number and somehow accidentally got Dermot's. If they were prepared to go to that effort, who knows what they would be prepared to do?" Cole is reportedly aware of the message, but the singer's spokesperson reveals she has not listened to it.
A police representative said, "We are investigating claims of an offensive message being left on a mobile telephone. It follows a complaint from a member of the public."
More Cheryl Cole News
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date