Rachel Weisz Plans Annual Stage Play
Rachel Weisz was so pleased with her recent return to the London stage she's vowed to "do a play every year" from now on. The British actress returned to her theater roots with a starring role in a recent production of "A Streetcar Named Desire", which won her a coveted Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress on Sunday night, March 21.
And Weisz, who kick started her career in a student theater group during her time at England's Cambridge University, is adamant she will now try to leave time between movie roles to indulge her love of the stage. She says, "I'm greedy - I'd like to do film and theater. It was eight years since I'd last been on stage and it was just too long a gap."
"I hope to do a play every couple of years - actually no: maybe every year. It's the greatest feeling in the world being on stage and doing a live performance. It's very wild and risky."
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage