Rachel Weisz Plans Annual Stage Play
Rachel Weisz was so pleased with her recent return to the London stage she's vowed to "do a play every year" from now on. The British actress returned to her theater roots with a starring role in a recent production of "A Streetcar Named Desire", which won her a coveted Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress on Sunday night, March 21.
And Weisz, who kick started her career in a student theater group during her time at England's Cambridge University, is adamant she will now try to leave time between movie roles to indulge her love of the stage. She says, "I'm greedy - I'd like to do film and theater. It was eight years since I'd last been on stage and it was just too long a gap."
"I hope to do a play every couple of years - actually no: maybe every year. It's the greatest feeling in the world being on stage and doing a live performance. It's very wild and risky."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'