Rachel Weisz Plans Annual Stage Play
Rachel Weisz was so pleased with her recent return to the London stage she's vowed to "do a play every year" from now on. The British actress returned to her theater roots with a starring role in a recent production of "A Streetcar Named Desire", which won her a coveted Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress on Sunday night, March 21.
And Weisz, who kick started her career in a student theater group during her time at England's Cambridge University, is adamant she will now try to leave time between movie roles to indulge her love of the stage. She says, "I'm greedy - I'd like to do film and theater. It was eight years since I'd last been on stage and it was just too long a gap."
"I hope to do a play every couple of years - actually no: maybe every year. It's the greatest feeling in the world being on stage and doing a live performance. It's very wild and risky."
- Colin Farrell Joins Tim Burton's 'Dumbo' live-Action Movie
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction