Rachel Weisz Plans Annual Stage Play
Rachel Weisz was so pleased with her recent return to the London stage she's vowed to "do a play every year" from now on. The British actress returned to her theater roots with a starring role in a recent production of "A Streetcar Named Desire", which won her a coveted Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress on Sunday night, March 21.
And Weisz, who kick started her career in a student theater group during her time at England's Cambridge University, is adamant she will now try to leave time between movie roles to indulge her love of the stage. She says, "I'm greedy - I'd like to do film and theater. It was eight years since I'd last been on stage and it was just too long a gap."
"I hope to do a play every couple of years - actually no: maybe every year. It's the greatest feeling in the world being on stage and doing a live performance. It's very wild and risky."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding