Rachel Weisz Plans Annual Stage Play
Rachel Weisz was so pleased with her recent return to the London stage she's vowed to "do a play every year" from now on. The British actress returned to her theater roots with a starring role in a recent production of "A Streetcar Named Desire", which won her a coveted Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress on Sunday night, March 21.
And Weisz, who kick started her career in a student theater group during her time at England's Cambridge University, is adamant she will now try to leave time between movie roles to indulge her love of the stage. She says, "I'm greedy - I'd like to do film and theater. It was eight years since I'd last been on stage and it was just too long a gap."
"I hope to do a play every couple of years - actually no: maybe every year. It's the greatest feeling in the world being on stage and doing a live performance. It's very wild and risky."
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?