Bodyguard Says Michael Jackson's Physician Stopped CPR to Hide Drug Vials
Dr. Conrad Murray stopped trying to revive Michael Jackson so he could hide drug vials, according to the bodyguard who called 911 on the day of the late superstar's death. The King of Pop suffered a fatal cardiac arrest in June 2009 and his personal physician is accused of administering the powerful anesthetic Propofol, which led to the singer's death.
He has pleaded not guilty to one count of involuntary manslaughter but security guard Alberto Alvarez alleges Murray stopped administering CPR on Jackson and told him to place drug vials into plastic bags, before putting them into another canvas bag, according to documents obtained by the Associated Press. Alvarez also claims Murray ordered the bodyguard to remove an IV tube from Jackson's leg, which allegedly contained a white milky substance.
The guard reports he additionally witnessed the cardiologist rushing to hide Propofol containers - bottles of the anesthetic were later found by authorities in what appears to be a secret compartment area of a closet at the singer's home, reports TMZ. Although it is unknown where the canvas bag containing the alleged drug vials is now.
In the report, it states that after Jackson was pronounced dead at the UCLA Medical Center, Murray told Alvarez he needed to go back to Jackson's property to remove some cream "so the world wouldn't find out about it." Alvarez reportedly made the statement two months after the "Thriller" hitmaker's death at his lawyer Carl Douglas' office.
However, lawyers for Murray insist their client didn't hide drugs from the authorities. Murray's legal representative Ed Chernoff has yet to read the ambulance report, but he insists Murray did nothing wrong and previously stated Murray had done "everything in his power" to save Jackson.
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny