Pete Doherty Taken Into Custody Over Friend's Death
British rocker Pete Doherty has been arrested on suspicion of supplying the drugs which allegedly killed his filmmaker friend Robyn Whitehead in January. Whitehead, a member of the Goldsmith dynasty, was discovered dead at an east London apartment by Doherty's musician friend Peter Wolfe, who lives at the property.
The 27-year-old died of a suspected drug overdose, although a post mortem examination was inconclusive and officials are awaiting the results of toxicology tests before they can determine the cause of death. The Babyshambles' frontman was reportedly arrested after attending a police station by appointment.
Wolfe and the apartment's owner Gill Samworth were also held on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice, while 28-year-old musician Alan Wass was also taken in on suspicion of supplying drugs, reports Britain's The Sun. All four have been bailed to return in April. A source tells the newspaper, "Pete's adamant he played no part in Robin's death. He is still very distressed."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed