Pete Doherty Taken Into Custody Over Friend's Death
British rocker Pete Doherty has been arrested on suspicion of supplying the drugs which allegedly killed his filmmaker friend Robyn Whitehead in January. Whitehead, a member of the Goldsmith dynasty, was discovered dead at an east London apartment by Doherty's musician friend Peter Wolfe, who lives at the property.
The 27-year-old died of a suspected drug overdose, although a post mortem examination was inconclusive and officials are awaiting the results of toxicology tests before they can determine the cause of death. The Babyshambles' frontman was reportedly arrested after attending a police station by appointment.
Wolfe and the apartment's owner Gill Samworth were also held on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice, while 28-year-old musician Alan Wass was also taken in on suspicion of supplying drugs, reports Britain's The Sun. All four have been bailed to return in April. A source tells the newspaper, "Pete's adamant he played no part in Robin's death. He is still very distressed."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked