Pete Doherty Taken Into Custody Over Friend's Death
British rocker Pete Doherty has been arrested on suspicion of supplying the drugs which allegedly killed his filmmaker friend Robyn Whitehead in January. Whitehead, a member of the Goldsmith dynasty, was discovered dead at an east London apartment by Doherty's musician friend Peter Wolfe, who lives at the property.
The 27-year-old died of a suspected drug overdose, although a post mortem examination was inconclusive and officials are awaiting the results of toxicology tests before they can determine the cause of death. The Babyshambles' frontman was reportedly arrested after attending a police station by appointment.
Wolfe and the apartment's owner Gill Samworth were also held on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice, while 28-year-old musician Alan Wass was also taken in on suspicion of supplying drugs, reports Britain's The Sun. All four have been bailed to return in April. A source tells the newspaper, "Pete's adamant he played no part in Robin's death. He is still very distressed."
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars