Pete Doherty Taken Into Custody Over Friend's Death
British rocker Pete Doherty has been arrested on suspicion of supplying the drugs which allegedly killed his filmmaker friend Robyn Whitehead in January. Whitehead, a member of the Goldsmith dynasty, was discovered dead at an east London apartment by Doherty's musician friend Peter Wolfe, who lives at the property.
The 27-year-old died of a suspected drug overdose, although a post mortem examination was inconclusive and officials are awaiting the results of toxicology tests before they can determine the cause of death. The Babyshambles' frontman was reportedly arrested after attending a police station by appointment.
Wolfe and the apartment's owner Gill Samworth were also held on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice, while 28-year-old musician Alan Wass was also taken in on suspicion of supplying drugs, reports Britain's The Sun. All four have been bailed to return in April. A source tells the newspaper, "Pete's adamant he played no part in Robin's death. He is still very distressed."
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick
- Is Meghan Markle Planning to Get Pregnant Before Marrying Prince Harry?
- Hailee Steinfeld, Kelsea Ballerini and Sofia Carson to Perform Britney Spears Medley at RDMA 2017
- Nam Joo Hyuk's Fans Angered by His Relationship With Lee Sung Kyung