Mariska Hargitay's Toughness Stunned Medics
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star Mariska Hargitay stunned medics when she was diagnosed with a collapsed lung in 2009 - they couldn't believe she was walking. The actress landed awkwardly while performing a stunt on the hit cop drama and when the pain didn't let up she decided to have it checked - months later.
The diagnosis forced her to pull out of shooting for weeks, prompting TV bosses to film the show around her absence. She says, "I thought it was a pulled rib. I'm pretty tough. When I couldn't breathe anymore, I got an X-ray, and they couldn't believe I was walking."
The injury has prompted Hargitay to take more care on set. She tells WENN, "I was doing stunts when I was pregnant. I'd fall and jump on guys. Now there are scenes when I have to run, and I'll only take a few steps. Everyone is super-careful of me."
- Amber Rose on Kanye West's 'Famous': 'I've Worked My F***ing Ass Off'
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'