Mariska Hargitay's Toughness Stunned Medics
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star Mariska Hargitay stunned medics when she was diagnosed with a collapsed lung in 2009 - they couldn't believe she was walking. The actress landed awkwardly while performing a stunt on the hit cop drama and when the pain didn't let up she decided to have it checked - months later.
The diagnosis forced her to pull out of shooting for weeks, prompting TV bosses to film the show around her absence. She says, "I thought it was a pulled rib. I'm pretty tough. When I couldn't breathe anymore, I got an X-ray, and they couldn't believe I was walking."
The injury has prompted Hargitay to take more care on set. She tells WENN, "I was doing stunts when I was pregnant. I'd fall and jump on guys. Now there are scenes when I have to run, and I'll only take a few steps. Everyone is super-careful of me."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed