Mariska Hargitay's Toughness Stunned Medics
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star Mariska Hargitay stunned medics when she was diagnosed with a collapsed lung in 2009 - they couldn't believe she was walking. The actress landed awkwardly while performing a stunt on the hit cop drama and when the pain didn't let up she decided to have it checked - months later.
The diagnosis forced her to pull out of shooting for weeks, prompting TV bosses to film the show around her absence. She says, "I thought it was a pulled rib. I'm pretty tough. When I couldn't breathe anymore, I got an X-ray, and they couldn't believe I was walking."
The injury has prompted Hargitay to take more care on set. She tells WENN, "I was doing stunts when I was pregnant. I'd fall and jump on guys. Now there are scenes when I have to run, and I'll only take a few steps. Everyone is super-careful of me."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!