Mariska Hargitay's Toughness Stunned Medics
"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star Mariska Hargitay stunned medics when she was diagnosed with a collapsed lung in 2009 - they couldn't believe she was walking. The actress landed awkwardly while performing a stunt on the hit cop drama and when the pain didn't let up she decided to have it checked - months later.
The diagnosis forced her to pull out of shooting for weeks, prompting TV bosses to film the show around her absence. She says, "I thought it was a pulled rib. I'm pretty tough. When I couldn't breathe anymore, I got an X-ray, and they couldn't believe I was walking."
The injury has prompted Hargitay to take more care on set. She tells WENN, "I was doing stunts when I was pregnant. I'd fall and jump on guys. Now there are scenes when I have to run, and I'll only take a few steps. Everyone is super-careful of me."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart