Thanks to Daughter, Paul McCartney and Heather Mills 'Are Now Good Friends'
Paul McCartney and his ex-wife Heather Mills have reportedly put their bitter divorce behind them to spend time together for the sake of their young daughter, according to a U.K. report. The couple separated in 2006 after four years of marriage, leading to an ugly public divorce battle.
The union was officially dissolved in 2008 and the former The Beatles was ordered to hand over $38.9 million of his fortune to Mills, as well as annual payments for six-year-old Beatrice - but the pair's relationship remained frosty. However, McCartney and Mills have now put their differences aside for Beatrice, and meet up weekly to discuss their young daughter, according to Britain's Sunday People.
A source tells the publication, "It's absolutely astonishing. Paul and Heather are actually quite good friends now. They hated one another with a passion for such a long time. But they have both moved on and have new partners, so they decided to be civil. In the past, nannies and friends would take Bea from one to the other for visits. But recently they have started to do it themselves and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea at the same time."
"There is no chance of them ever getting back together but they have put all of the nastiness behind them. It's something neither of them ever thought would happen." McCartney is currently dating socialite Nancy Shevell, while Heather has been with personal trainer Jamie Walker since 2008.
More Paul McCartney News
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party