Thanks to Daughter, Paul McCartney and Heather Mills 'Are Now Good Friends'
Paul McCartney and his ex-wife Heather Mills have reportedly put their bitter divorce behind them to spend time together for the sake of their young daughter, according to a U.K. report. The couple separated in 2006 after four years of marriage, leading to an ugly public divorce battle.
The union was officially dissolved in 2008 and the former The Beatles was ordered to hand over $38.9 million of his fortune to Mills, as well as annual payments for six-year-old Beatrice - but the pair's relationship remained frosty. However, McCartney and Mills have now put their differences aside for Beatrice, and meet up weekly to discuss their young daughter, according to Britain's Sunday People.
A source tells the publication, "It's absolutely astonishing. Paul and Heather are actually quite good friends now. They hated one another with a passion for such a long time. But they have both moved on and have new partners, so they decided to be civil. In the past, nannies and friends would take Bea from one to the other for visits. But recently they have started to do it themselves and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea at the same time."
"There is no chance of them ever getting back together but they have put all of the nastiness behind them. It's something neither of them ever thought would happen." McCartney is currently dating socialite Nancy Shevell, while Heather has been with personal trainer Jamie Walker since 2008.
More Paul McCartney News
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'