David Bowie's Ex-Wife Says She Shouldn't Give Up Her Son Custody
David Bowie's ex-wife regrets giving up custody of the former couple's son, moviemaker Duncan Jones - and wishes she could now be part of his life. Angie Bowie married the rocker in 1970 and they welcomed Duncan Zowie Haywood Jones in 1971. They divorced in 1980 and Angie agreed to give up custody of her son and accepted $750,000 in a settlement deal.
But the 61-year-old rues the divorce deal - because it's caused an irreversible rift with her son. She tells Britain's Sunday Express, "The last time I heard from him was four or five years ago by email." Angie admits watching Jones' debut movie "Moon", which won him the Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer at February British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards, "broke" her heart.
She adds, "I saw the movie and it was marvelous. I love it. It's even more exceptional when you consider that it's his first major offering. For me it struck this chord. I thought, 'I should never have left him,' but because David bad-mouthed me for years there was no way that I could have any relationship with Zowie. It broke my heart. There wasn't anything I could do and David loved it."
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer