David Bowie's Ex-Wife Says She Shouldn't Give Up Her Son Custody
David Bowie's ex-wife regrets giving up custody of the former couple's son, moviemaker Duncan Jones - and wishes she could now be part of his life. Angie Bowie married the rocker in 1970 and they welcomed Duncan Zowie Haywood Jones in 1971. They divorced in 1980 and Angie agreed to give up custody of her son and accepted $750,000 in a settlement deal.
But the 61-year-old rues the divorce deal - because it's caused an irreversible rift with her son. She tells Britain's Sunday Express, "The last time I heard from him was four or five years ago by email." Angie admits watching Jones' debut movie "Moon", which won him the Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer at February British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) Awards, "broke" her heart.
She adds, "I saw the movie and it was marvelous. I love it. It's even more exceptional when you consider that it's his first major offering. For me it struck this chord. I thought, 'I should never have left him,' but because David bad-mouthed me for years there was no way that I could have any relationship with Zowie. It broke my heart. There wasn't anything I could do and David loved it."
More David Bowie News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.03 Preview: Ali Fights Back
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show