'Taking on Tyson' Entangled in Gambling Investigation
Boxing legend Mike Tyson is embroiled in an investigation into illegal gambling over his upcoming bird racing reality show. The former heavyweight champion is a life-long pigeon fancier, and will showcase his passion for the birds in new U.S. series "Taking on Tyson", which is set to begin shooting in April.
But the show faces the axe before it's even begun, after city officials in Brooklyn, New York - where Tyson is set to film - were tipped off that the series violates local gambling laws. The District Attorney's office is looking into claims the show will profit from animal racing, according to TMZ.
"Taking on Tyson" will follow Mike Tyson and his feathered friends as he pits them against the best racing-pigeon owners in New York. On his passion for bird race, the former heavyweight champion said, "I may have stopped fighting. But I never stopped flying birds. It's my first love."
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World