'Taking on Tyson' Entangled in Gambling Investigation
Boxing legend Mike Tyson is embroiled in an investigation into illegal gambling over his upcoming bird racing reality show. The former heavyweight champion is a life-long pigeon fancier, and will showcase his passion for the birds in new U.S. series "Taking on Tyson", which is set to begin shooting in April.
But the show faces the axe before it's even begun, after city officials in Brooklyn, New York - where Tyson is set to film - were tipped off that the series violates local gambling laws. The District Attorney's office is looking into claims the show will profit from animal racing, according to TMZ.
"Taking on Tyson" will follow Mike Tyson and his feathered friends as he pits them against the best racing-pigeon owners in New York. On his passion for bird race, the former heavyweight champion said, "I may have stopped fighting. But I never stopped flying birds. It's my first love."
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy
- Is Ben Affleck Done Playing Batman? WB Reportedly Plans His Exit
- Is Meek Mill Finally Ready to End Longtime Feud With Drake?
- This Transgender Performer Suggests She Had an Affair With Kanye West
- Block B's U-Kwon Tells a Fan She Looks Like Crap