'Taking on Tyson' Entangled in Gambling Investigation
Boxing legend Mike Tyson is embroiled in an investigation into illegal gambling over his upcoming bird racing reality show. The former heavyweight champion is a life-long pigeon fancier, and will showcase his passion for the birds in new U.S. series "Taking on Tyson", which is set to begin shooting in April.
But the show faces the axe before it's even begun, after city officials in Brooklyn, New York - where Tyson is set to film - were tipped off that the series violates local gambling laws. The District Attorney's office is looking into claims the show will profit from animal racing, according to TMZ.
"Taking on Tyson" will follow Mike Tyson and his feathered friends as he pits them against the best racing-pigeon owners in New York. On his passion for bird race, the former heavyweight champion said, "I may have stopped fighting. But I never stopped flying birds. It's my first love."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie