'Up' and 'Hotel for Dogs' Honored at Genesis Awards
Disney movie "Up" and "Hotel for Dogs" were celebrated for raising animal awareness at Saturday night's, March 20, Genesis Awards, sharing the evening's top film honor. The two movies won the Feature Film award at the annual ceremony, held by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), which praises those who work to raise public awareness and understanding of animal issues.
Award bosses hailed kids' comedy "Hotel for Dogs", starring Emma Roberts, as "celebrating the special bond between children and dogs". "The Cove", a picture chronicling the slaughter of dolphins by fisherman from a Japanese village, was named Outstanding Documentary Film.
TV shows "Family Guy" and "Bones" also won awards for episodes featuring animal issues, while "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" took the Talk Show award. Veteran actress Tippi Hedren was honored with a Lifetime Achievement accolade for her dedication to raising animal rights awareness.
More Up News
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party