'Up' and 'Hotel for Dogs' Honored at Genesis Awards
Disney movie "Up" and "Hotel for Dogs" were celebrated for raising animal awareness at Saturday night's, March 20, Genesis Awards, sharing the evening's top film honor. The two movies won the Feature Film award at the annual ceremony, held by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), which praises those who work to raise public awareness and understanding of animal issues.
Award bosses hailed kids' comedy "Hotel for Dogs", starring Emma Roberts, as "celebrating the special bond between children and dogs". "The Cove", a picture chronicling the slaughter of dolphins by fisherman from a Japanese village, was named Outstanding Documentary Film.
TV shows "Family Guy" and "Bones" also won awards for episodes featuring animal issues, while "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" took the Talk Show award. Veteran actress Tippi Hedren was honored with a Lifetime Achievement accolade for her dedication to raising animal rights awareness.
More Up News
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21