'Up' and 'Hotel for Dogs' Honored at Genesis Awards
Disney movie "Up" and "Hotel for Dogs" were celebrated for raising animal awareness at Saturday night's, March 20, Genesis Awards, sharing the evening's top film honor. The two movies won the Feature Film award at the annual ceremony, held by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), which praises those who work to raise public awareness and understanding of animal issues.
Award bosses hailed kids' comedy "Hotel for Dogs", starring Emma Roberts, as "celebrating the special bond between children and dogs". "The Cove", a picture chronicling the slaughter of dolphins by fisherman from a Japanese village, was named Outstanding Documentary Film.
TV shows "Family Guy" and "Bones" also won awards for episodes featuring animal issues, while "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" took the Talk Show award. Veteran actress Tippi Hedren was honored with a Lifetime Achievement accolade for her dedication to raising animal rights awareness.
More Up News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris