'Up' and 'Hotel for Dogs' Honored at Genesis Awards
Disney movie "Up" and "Hotel for Dogs" were celebrated for raising animal awareness at Saturday night's, March 20, Genesis Awards, sharing the evening's top film honor. The two movies won the Feature Film award at the annual ceremony, held by the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), which praises those who work to raise public awareness and understanding of animal issues.
Award bosses hailed kids' comedy "Hotel for Dogs", starring Emma Roberts, as "celebrating the special bond between children and dogs". "The Cove", a picture chronicling the slaughter of dolphins by fisherman from a Japanese village, was named Outstanding Documentary Film.
TV shows "Family Guy" and "Bones" also won awards for episodes featuring animal issues, while "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" took the Talk Show award. Veteran actress Tippi Hedren was honored with a Lifetime Achievement accolade for her dedication to raising animal rights awareness.
More Up News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!