Chemist Pulled Out Brittany Murphy's 100 Prescriptions
A Los Angeles chemist is questioning remarks Brittany Murphy's widower made about his late wife's drug intake, revealing he stopped serving the couple and the actress' mother over fears "there was going to be an accident".
Eddie Bubar, who owns Eddie's Pharmacy, reveals he filled more than 100 prescriptions for the "Clueless" star, her husband Simon Monjack and her mum Sharon between January 2008 and August 2009 under various aliases. The pharmacy boss has told investigators a courier picked the various prescriptions up in an envelope approximately every two weeks with the name 'Lola Manilow Murphy' written on it. He tells TMZ.com that Lola was Murphy's pseudonym.
Bubar cut the trio off four months before the actress' December death, partly because he believed they were using multiple pharmacies to fill scripts, according to the website. He says, "We thought there was going to be an accident there." But Monjack insists he and his late wife were the ones who ended the relationship with Bubar and Eddie's Pharmacy.
Bubar's comments come just a day after Monjack told U.S. news show Access Hollywood he never saw his late wife use drugs, stating, "Brittany was someone that had never used a drug in her life." Medications were found in the actress' system at the time of her death, but her December 20, 2009 death has been ruled an accident following an autopsy.
- See Black Lightning in Costume in First Look of The CW's New Series
- Kim Kardashian Channels Kris Jenner for a Sexy Photoshoot - Check Out Her Wild Look!
- 'The Mindy Project' Renewed for Sixth and Final Season on Hulu
- Rob Kardashian 'Fears' Blac Chyna Will Come for Him After Calling Out Tyga
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage