Chemist Pulled Out Brittany Murphy's 100 Prescriptions
A Los Angeles chemist is questioning remarks Brittany Murphy's widower made about his late wife's drug intake, revealing he stopped serving the couple and the actress' mother over fears "there was going to be an accident".
Eddie Bubar, who owns Eddie's Pharmacy, reveals he filled more than 100 prescriptions for the "Clueless" star, her husband Simon Monjack and her mum Sharon between January 2008 and August 2009 under various aliases. The pharmacy boss has told investigators a courier picked the various prescriptions up in an envelope approximately every two weeks with the name 'Lola Manilow Murphy' written on it. He tells TMZ.com that Lola was Murphy's pseudonym.
Bubar cut the trio off four months before the actress' December death, partly because he believed they were using multiple pharmacies to fill scripts, according to the website. He says, "We thought there was going to be an accident there." But Monjack insists he and his late wife were the ones who ended the relationship with Bubar and Eddie's Pharmacy.
Bubar's comments come just a day after Monjack told U.S. news show Access Hollywood he never saw his late wife use drugs, stating, "Brittany was someone that had never used a drug in her life." Medications were found in the actress' system at the time of her death, but her December 20, 2009 death has been ruled an accident following an autopsy.
More Brittany Murphy News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media