Chemist Pulled Out Brittany Murphy's 100 Prescriptions
A Los Angeles chemist is questioning remarks Brittany Murphy's widower made about his late wife's drug intake, revealing he stopped serving the couple and the actress' mother over fears "there was going to be an accident".
Eddie Bubar, who owns Eddie's Pharmacy, reveals he filled more than 100 prescriptions for the "Clueless" star, her husband Simon Monjack and her mum Sharon between January 2008 and August 2009 under various aliases. The pharmacy boss has told investigators a courier picked the various prescriptions up in an envelope approximately every two weeks with the name 'Lola Manilow Murphy' written on it. He tells TMZ.com that Lola was Murphy's pseudonym.
Bubar cut the trio off four months before the actress' December death, partly because he believed they were using multiple pharmacies to fill scripts, according to the website. He says, "We thought there was going to be an accident there." But Monjack insists he and his late wife were the ones who ended the relationship with Bubar and Eddie's Pharmacy.
Bubar's comments come just a day after Monjack told U.S. news show Access Hollywood he never saw his late wife use drugs, stating, "Brittany was someone that had never used a drug in her life." Medications were found in the actress' system at the time of her death, but her December 20, 2009 death has been ruled an accident following an autopsy.
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture