Kirstie Alley Regrets Her 'Oprah' Bikini Strip
Kirstie Alley regrets stripping down to her bikini on Oprah Winfrey's chat show in 2006, because the "error" will haunt her for the rest of her life. The former "Cheers" actress went on the U.S. show to unveil her new slimline look after losing 80 pounds (36 kilograms) in the space of a year.
She only agreed to remove her clothes because there were no photographers present during filming - but failed to realize clips of her sexy strip would become an internet sensation on YouTube. Alley tells U.S. talk show host Larry King, "Let me tell you something very stupid about myself. This is what I said when I did that."
"No one is allowed to take photographs. I live in 1938. And I thought, well, there's no photographs, so this will be the end. I'll walk out, I'll go blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. That's the end of that. So stupid. All they have to do is take a framed shot. You know, and little did I know that this would be all over YouTube. It has had like millions of hits. It was its own show."
"Of course it wasn't Oprah's idea, because she doesn't have stupid ideas. It was my idea, because I just thought, if I can get myself to come out here in a bikini, then I know that I am liberated. And then I realized, oh my God, now I have to live with this for the rest of my life. I made some errors in my life."
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick