Katie Price Ordered to Pay Substantial Damages to Peter Andre's Manager
Reality TV star Katie Price has been ordered to pay "substantial" damages after falsely claiming her ex-husband, Aussie singer Peter Andre, was romancing his manager. Price targeted the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker in an interview with U.K. chat show host Graham Norton in 2009, insisting Andre was dating his manager/agent Claire Powell.
The allegation was not broadcast but was later reported in the British tabloids. Powell's solicitor Mike Brookes said the accusation was "very damaging and distressing" as well as being "completely untrue", and on Friday, March 19, a judge at London's High Court ordered Price, who was not present, to pay undisclosed damages for the remark.
Powell says, "I didn't really want to be in court but if something bad is said, which is going to trash your reputation, you have to clear your name." Price, whose divorce from Andre was finalized in September 2009, has since apologized for the comment.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'