Katie Price Ordered to Pay Substantial Damages to Peter Andre's Manager
Reality TV star Katie Price has been ordered to pay "substantial" damages after falsely claiming her ex-husband, Aussie singer Peter Andre, was romancing his manager. Price targeted the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker in an interview with U.K. chat show host Graham Norton in 2009, insisting Andre was dating his manager/agent Claire Powell.
The allegation was not broadcast but was later reported in the British tabloids. Powell's solicitor Mike Brookes said the accusation was "very damaging and distressing" as well as being "completely untrue", and on Friday, March 19, a judge at London's High Court ordered Price, who was not present, to pay undisclosed damages for the remark.
Powell says, "I didn't really want to be in court but if something bad is said, which is going to trash your reputation, you have to clear your name." Price, whose divorce from Andre was finalized in September 2009, has since apologized for the comment.
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs