Katie Price Ordered to Pay Substantial Damages to Peter Andre's Manager
Reality TV star Katie Price has been ordered to pay "substantial" damages after falsely claiming her ex-husband, Aussie singer Peter Andre, was romancing his manager. Price targeted the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker in an interview with U.K. chat show host Graham Norton in 2009, insisting Andre was dating his manager/agent Claire Powell.
The allegation was not broadcast but was later reported in the British tabloids. Powell's solicitor Mike Brookes said the accusation was "very damaging and distressing" as well as being "completely untrue", and on Friday, March 19, a judge at London's High Court ordered Price, who was not present, to pay undisclosed damages for the remark.
Powell says, "I didn't really want to be in court but if something bad is said, which is going to trash your reputation, you have to clear your name." Price, whose divorce from Andre was finalized in September 2009, has since apologized for the comment.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up