Katie Price Ordered to Pay Substantial Damages to Peter Andre's Manager
Reality TV star Katie Price has been ordered to pay "substantial" damages after falsely claiming her ex-husband, Aussie singer Peter Andre, was romancing his manager. Price targeted the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker in an interview with U.K. chat show host Graham Norton in 2009, insisting Andre was dating his manager/agent Claire Powell.
The allegation was not broadcast but was later reported in the British tabloids. Powell's solicitor Mike Brookes said the accusation was "very damaging and distressing" as well as being "completely untrue", and on Friday, March 19, a judge at London's High Court ordered Price, who was not present, to pay undisclosed damages for the remark.
Powell says, "I didn't really want to be in court but if something bad is said, which is going to trash your reputation, you have to clear your name." Price, whose divorce from Andre was finalized in September 2009, has since apologized for the comment.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard