Katie Price Ordered to Pay Substantial Damages to Peter Andre's Manager
Reality TV star Katie Price has been ordered to pay "substantial" damages after falsely claiming her ex-husband, Aussie singer Peter Andre, was romancing his manager. Price targeted the "Mysterious Girl" hitmaker in an interview with U.K. chat show host Graham Norton in 2009, insisting Andre was dating his manager/agent Claire Powell.
The allegation was not broadcast but was later reported in the British tabloids. Powell's solicitor Mike Brookes said the accusation was "very damaging and distressing" as well as being "completely untrue", and on Friday, March 19, a judge at London's High Court ordered Price, who was not present, to pay undisclosed damages for the remark.
Powell says, "I didn't really want to be in court but if something bad is said, which is going to trash your reputation, you have to clear your name." Price, whose divorce from Andre was finalized in September 2009, has since apologized for the comment.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris