Leonardo DiCaprio and Jude Law Forced to Wear Corset for 'Aviator'
Leonardo DiCaprio and Jude Law reeled in shock when they tried on their outfits for "The Aviator" - after the film's costume designer demanded they wore figure-enhancing corsets. DiCaprio played eccentric Hollywood director Howard Hughes in the 2004 movie, while Law portrayed dashing swashbuckler Errol Flynn.
And the superstar pair was left aghast when they turned up to try on their period outfits - Oscar-winning designer Sandy Powell ordered them to slip into the waist-decreasing garments. She tells Britain's Daily Express, "Everybody still thinks of him (DiCaprio) as Jack in 'Titanic', like a boy. But he's a big man, surprisingly. About six foot. I wanted that really nipped in, poker up the back look, as slick as Fred Astaire."
"DiCaprio is naturally (a) slouchy jeans man. Completely not a suit man. But he looks fantastic in a suit. All men's evening wear looks much better when they are standing upright, and of course men slouch. The corset provides the base for the clothing over the top. They (DiCaprio and Law) were a bit shocked at first but they want to look good so of course they did it."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!