MGMT Pay Tribute to Alex Chilton on London Gig
MGMT have paid tribute to late Big Star's rocker Alex Chilton - dedicating a London gig to the musician, who died on Wednesday, March 17. The 59-year-old passed away at a New Orleans, Louisiana hospital after suffering heart problems.
Primal Scream's frontman Bobby Gillespie paid tribute to the star on Thursday, March 18, calling Chilton a "genius of rock n' roll". Now MGMT has given its own tribute to the legend at a concert in the British capital.
Speaking before one of their songs, singer Andrew VanWyngarden said, "We'd like to dedicate this set to Alex Chilton." The group then launched into new track "It's Working" from their upcoming second album "Congratulations".
Beside performing "It's Working" during their gig, MGMT also sang several more tracks from the second record, including "Siberian Breaks", "Brian Eno" and "Flash Delirium". The band also played old favorites such as "Pieces of What" and "Weekend Wars".
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'