MGMT Pay Tribute to Alex Chilton on London Gig
MGMT have paid tribute to late Big Star's rocker Alex Chilton - dedicating a London gig to the musician, who died on Wednesday, March 17. The 59-year-old passed away at a New Orleans, Louisiana hospital after suffering heart problems.
Primal Scream's frontman Bobby Gillespie paid tribute to the star on Thursday, March 18, calling Chilton a "genius of rock n' roll". Now MGMT has given its own tribute to the legend at a concert in the British capital.
Speaking before one of their songs, singer Andrew VanWyngarden said, "We'd like to dedicate this set to Alex Chilton." The group then launched into new track "It's Working" from their upcoming second album "Congratulations".
Beside performing "It's Working" during their gig, MGMT also sang several more tracks from the second record, including "Siberian Breaks", "Brian Eno" and "Flash Delirium". The band also played old favorites such as "Pieces of What" and "Weekend Wars".
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour