MGMT Pay Tribute to Alex Chilton on London Gig
MGMT have paid tribute to late Big Star's rocker Alex Chilton - dedicating a London gig to the musician, who died on Wednesday, March 17. The 59-year-old passed away at a New Orleans, Louisiana hospital after suffering heart problems.
Primal Scream's frontman Bobby Gillespie paid tribute to the star on Thursday, March 18, calling Chilton a "genius of rock n' roll". Now MGMT has given its own tribute to the legend at a concert in the British capital.
Speaking before one of their songs, singer Andrew VanWyngarden said, "We'd like to dedicate this set to Alex Chilton." The group then launched into new track "It's Working" from their upcoming second album "Congratulations".
Beside performing "It's Working" during their gig, MGMT also sang several more tracks from the second record, including "Siberian Breaks", "Brian Eno" and "Flash Delirium". The band also played old favorites such as "Pieces of What" and "Weekend Wars".
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?