MGMT Pay Tribute to Alex Chilton on London Gig
MGMT have paid tribute to late Big Star's rocker Alex Chilton - dedicating a London gig to the musician, who died on Wednesday, March 17. The 59-year-old passed away at a New Orleans, Louisiana hospital after suffering heart problems.
Primal Scream's frontman Bobby Gillespie paid tribute to the star on Thursday, March 18, calling Chilton a "genius of rock n' roll". Now MGMT has given its own tribute to the legend at a concert in the British capital.
Speaking before one of their songs, singer Andrew VanWyngarden said, "We'd like to dedicate this set to Alex Chilton." The group then launched into new track "It's Working" from their upcoming second album "Congratulations".
Beside performing "It's Working" during their gig, MGMT also sang several more tracks from the second record, including "Siberian Breaks", "Brian Eno" and "Flash Delirium". The band also played old favorites such as "Pieces of What" and "Weekend Wars".
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest