MGMT Pay Tribute to Alex Chilton on London Gig
MGMT have paid tribute to late Big Star's rocker Alex Chilton - dedicating a London gig to the musician, who died on Wednesday, March 17. The 59-year-old passed away at a New Orleans, Louisiana hospital after suffering heart problems.
Primal Scream's frontman Bobby Gillespie paid tribute to the star on Thursday, March 18, calling Chilton a "genius of rock n' roll". Now MGMT has given its own tribute to the legend at a concert in the British capital.
Speaking before one of their songs, singer Andrew VanWyngarden said, "We'd like to dedicate this set to Alex Chilton." The group then launched into new track "It's Working" from their upcoming second album "Congratulations".
Beside performing "It's Working" during their gig, MGMT also sang several more tracks from the second record, including "Siberian Breaks", "Brian Eno" and "Flash Delirium". The band also played old favorites such as "Pieces of What" and "Weekend Wars".
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway