Andy Garcia Talks About His Axed Scene With Michelle Pfeiffer
Movie star Andy Garcia lost the chance to play Michelle Pfeiffer's husband in 1995 film "Dangerous Mind" after convincing producers the character was unnecessary. The character wasn't in the initial script and he understood why when he was called in to play Pfeiffer's husband. But, after making his viewpoint clear, Garcia still shot scenes with the actress - only for his character to be edited out of the film.
He tells BlogTalkRadio, "They called and said that they wanted to develop a love interest for her (Pfeiffer's character) in the script. I read the script and said, 'You don't really need one... but I'm there for you if you think you need me."
"They wrote up a whole arc for this relationship and we played it out; I had a great time. We shot the whole relationship and then it was determined later on that it was really unnecessary in the storyline, which is what I said to begin with. But I did cash the cheque!"
Garcia almost had the chance to play Pfeiffer's husband again in his new movie "City Island" - her name was on director Raymond De Felitta's wish list, but he chose Julianna Margulies instead.
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub