Andy Garcia Talks About His Axed Scene With Michelle Pfeiffer
Movie star Andy Garcia lost the chance to play Michelle Pfeiffer's husband in 1995 film "Dangerous Mind" after convincing producers the character was unnecessary. The character wasn't in the initial script and he understood why when he was called in to play Pfeiffer's husband. But, after making his viewpoint clear, Garcia still shot scenes with the actress - only for his character to be edited out of the film.
He tells BlogTalkRadio, "They called and said that they wanted to develop a love interest for her (Pfeiffer's character) in the script. I read the script and said, 'You don't really need one... but I'm there for you if you think you need me."
"They wrote up a whole arc for this relationship and we played it out; I had a great time. We shot the whole relationship and then it was determined later on that it was really unnecessary in the storyline, which is what I said to begin with. But I did cash the cheque!"
Garcia almost had the chance to play Pfeiffer's husband again in his new movie "City Island" - her name was on director Raymond De Felitta's wish list, but he chose Julianna Margulies instead.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'