Andy Garcia Talks About His Axed Scene With Michelle Pfeiffer
Movie star Andy Garcia lost the chance to play Michelle Pfeiffer's husband in 1995 film "Dangerous Mind" after convincing producers the character was unnecessary. The character wasn't in the initial script and he understood why when he was called in to play Pfeiffer's husband. But, after making his viewpoint clear, Garcia still shot scenes with the actress - only for his character to be edited out of the film.
He tells BlogTalkRadio, "They called and said that they wanted to develop a love interest for her (Pfeiffer's character) in the script. I read the script and said, 'You don't really need one... but I'm there for you if you think you need me."
"They wrote up a whole arc for this relationship and we played it out; I had a great time. We shot the whole relationship and then it was determined later on that it was really unnecessary in the storyline, which is what I said to begin with. But I did cash the cheque!"
Garcia almost had the chance to play Pfeiffer's husband again in his new movie "City Island" - her name was on director Raymond De Felitta's wish list, but he chose Julianna Margulies instead.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris