Andy Garcia Talks About His Axed Scene With Michelle Pfeiffer
Movie star Andy Garcia lost the chance to play Michelle Pfeiffer's husband in 1995 film "Dangerous Mind" after convincing producers the character was unnecessary. The character wasn't in the initial script and he understood why when he was called in to play Pfeiffer's husband. But, after making his viewpoint clear, Garcia still shot scenes with the actress - only for his character to be edited out of the film.
He tells BlogTalkRadio, "They called and said that they wanted to develop a love interest for her (Pfeiffer's character) in the script. I read the script and said, 'You don't really need one... but I'm there for you if you think you need me."
"They wrote up a whole arc for this relationship and we played it out; I had a great time. We shot the whole relationship and then it was determined later on that it was really unnecessary in the storyline, which is what I said to begin with. But I did cash the cheque!"
Garcia almost had the chance to play Pfeiffer's husband again in his new movie "City Island" - her name was on director Raymond De Felitta's wish list, but he chose Julianna Margulies instead.
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video