Tim Burton to Resurrect 'The Addams Family' With 3-D Film
Tim Burton is planning to put his gothic spin on a new animated 3-D version of "The Addams Family", according to a U.K. report. The kooky director has wowed audiences with his 3-D version of Lewis Carroll's classic "Alice In Wonderland", which has pulled in $208.6 million (130.4 million poundsterling) during its two-week run at the box office.
And Burton is hoping the groundbreaking movie technique will resurrect the spooky Addams Family, who last appeared on the big screen in 1993's "Addams Family Values". According to Deadline.com, Illumination Entertainment has acquired the rights to the original cartoons by Charles Addams, and the company's boss Chris Meledandri will act as producer.
Burton has enjoyed huge success with his previous animated features, which include "The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D" and "Corpse Bride".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie