Tim Burton to Resurrect 'The Addams Family' With 3-D Film
Tim Burton is planning to put his gothic spin on a new animated 3-D version of "The Addams Family", according to a U.K. report. The kooky director has wowed audiences with his 3-D version of Lewis Carroll's classic "Alice In Wonderland", which has pulled in $208.6 million (130.4 million poundsterling) during its two-week run at the box office.
And Burton is hoping the groundbreaking movie technique will resurrect the spooky Addams Family, who last appeared on the big screen in 1993's "Addams Family Values". According to Deadline.com, Illumination Entertainment has acquired the rights to the original cartoons by Charles Addams, and the company's boss Chris Meledandri will act as producer.
Burton has enjoyed huge success with his previous animated features, which include "The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D" and "Corpse Bride".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival