Tim Burton to Resurrect 'The Addams Family' With 3-D Film
Tim Burton is planning to put his gothic spin on a new animated 3-D version of "The Addams Family", according to a U.K. report. The kooky director has wowed audiences with his 3-D version of Lewis Carroll's classic "Alice In Wonderland", which has pulled in $208.6 million (130.4 million poundsterling) during its two-week run at the box office.
And Burton is hoping the groundbreaking movie technique will resurrect the spooky Addams Family, who last appeared on the big screen in 1993's "Addams Family Values". According to Deadline.com, Illumination Entertainment has acquired the rights to the original cartoons by Charles Addams, and the company's boss Chris Meledandri will act as producer.
Burton has enjoyed huge success with his previous animated features, which include "The Nightmare Before Christmas 3-D" and "Corpse Bride".
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO