'Brokeback Mountain' Stars Predicted to Lead 2011 Oscars
"Brokeback Mountain" 's stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams and Anne Hathaway are the frontrunners to score big at the Oscars in 2011, according to the leading Academy Awards race website. The three stars are all tipped to claim leading actor and actress Oscars nominations for the films "Blue Valentine" and "Love and Other Drugs".
Experts at the Los Angeles Times newspaper's The Envelope blog also tips Angelina Jolie, Ben Stiller and Michael Douglas for Oscars gold for their roles in "Salt", "Greenberg" and "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps". Douglas won a Best Actor Oscar for his role as Gordon Gekko in the original "Wall Street" movie.
The film experts also predict troubled moviemaker Roman Polanski will be among the Best Director favorites for his film "The Ghost Writer" - even though he's fighting extradition from Switzerland to America for sentencing in a 32-year-old sex assault case.
And the early favorites for Best Film, according to the website, are Danny Boyle's new movie "127 Hours", "The Kids Are Alright", Brad Pitt and Sean Penn's "The Tree of Life", "Inception", western remake "True Grit", Clint Eastwood's "Hereafter (2010)" and Johnny Depp's movie adaptation of his late pal Hunter S. Thompson's "The Rum Diary".
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart