'Brokeback Mountain' Stars Predicted to Lead 2011 Oscars
"Brokeback Mountain" 's stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams and Anne Hathaway are the frontrunners to score big at the Oscars in 2011, according to the leading Academy Awards race website. The three stars are all tipped to claim leading actor and actress Oscars nominations for the films "Blue Valentine" and "Love and Other Drugs".
Experts at the Los Angeles Times newspaper's The Envelope blog also tips Angelina Jolie, Ben Stiller and Michael Douglas for Oscars gold for their roles in "Salt", "Greenberg" and "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps". Douglas won a Best Actor Oscar for his role as Gordon Gekko in the original "Wall Street" movie.
The film experts also predict troubled moviemaker Roman Polanski will be among the Best Director favorites for his film "The Ghost Writer" - even though he's fighting extradition from Switzerland to America for sentencing in a 32-year-old sex assault case.
And the early favorites for Best Film, according to the website, are Danny Boyle's new movie "127 Hours", "The Kids Are Alright", Brad Pitt and Sean Penn's "The Tree of Life", "Inception", western remake "True Grit", Clint Eastwood's "Hereafter (2010)" and Johnny Depp's movie adaptation of his late pal Hunter S. Thompson's "The Rum Diary".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance