'Brokeback Mountain' Stars Predicted to Lead 2011 Oscars
"Brokeback Mountain" 's stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams and Anne Hathaway are the frontrunners to score big at the Oscars in 2011, according to the leading Academy Awards race website. The three stars are all tipped to claim leading actor and actress Oscars nominations for the films "Blue Valentine" and "Love and Other Drugs".
Experts at the Los Angeles Times newspaper's The Envelope blog also tips Angelina Jolie, Ben Stiller and Michael Douglas for Oscars gold for their roles in "Salt", "Greenberg" and "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps". Douglas won a Best Actor Oscar for his role as Gordon Gekko in the original "Wall Street" movie.
The film experts also predict troubled moviemaker Roman Polanski will be among the Best Director favorites for his film "The Ghost Writer" - even though he's fighting extradition from Switzerland to America for sentencing in a 32-year-old sex assault case.
And the early favorites for Best Film, according to the website, are Danny Boyle's new movie "127 Hours", "The Kids Are Alright", Brad Pitt and Sean Penn's "The Tree of Life", "Inception", western remake "True Grit", Clint Eastwood's "Hereafter (2010)" and Johnny Depp's movie adaptation of his late pal Hunter S. Thompson's "The Rum Diary".
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia