'Brokeback Mountain' Stars Predicted to Lead 2011 Oscars
"Brokeback Mountain" 's stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams and Anne Hathaway are the frontrunners to score big at the Oscars in 2011, according to the leading Academy Awards race website. The three stars are all tipped to claim leading actor and actress Oscars nominations for the films "Blue Valentine" and "Love and Other Drugs".
Experts at the Los Angeles Times newspaper's The Envelope blog also tips Angelina Jolie, Ben Stiller and Michael Douglas for Oscars gold for their roles in "Salt", "Greenberg" and "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps". Douglas won a Best Actor Oscar for his role as Gordon Gekko in the original "Wall Street" movie.
The film experts also predict troubled moviemaker Roman Polanski will be among the Best Director favorites for his film "The Ghost Writer" - even though he's fighting extradition from Switzerland to America for sentencing in a 32-year-old sex assault case.
And the early favorites for Best Film, according to the website, are Danny Boyle's new movie "127 Hours", "The Kids Are Alright", Brad Pitt and Sean Penn's "The Tree of Life", "Inception", western remake "True Grit", Clint Eastwood's "Hereafter (2010)" and Johnny Depp's movie adaptation of his late pal Hunter S. Thompson's "The Rum Diary".
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'