'Brokeback Mountain' Stars Predicted to Lead 2011 Oscars
"Brokeback Mountain" 's stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Williams and Anne Hathaway are the frontrunners to score big at the Oscars in 2011, according to the leading Academy Awards race website. The three stars are all tipped to claim leading actor and actress Oscars nominations for the films "Blue Valentine" and "Love and Other Drugs".
Experts at the Los Angeles Times newspaper's The Envelope blog also tips Angelina Jolie, Ben Stiller and Michael Douglas for Oscars gold for their roles in "Salt", "Greenberg" and "Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps". Douglas won a Best Actor Oscar for his role as Gordon Gekko in the original "Wall Street" movie.
The film experts also predict troubled moviemaker Roman Polanski will be among the Best Director favorites for his film "The Ghost Writer" - even though he's fighting extradition from Switzerland to America for sentencing in a 32-year-old sex assault case.
And the early favorites for Best Film, according to the website, are Danny Boyle's new movie "127 Hours", "The Kids Are Alright", Brad Pitt and Sean Penn's "The Tree of Life", "Inception", western remake "True Grit", Clint Eastwood's "Hereafter (2010)" and Johnny Depp's movie adaptation of his late pal Hunter S. Thompson's "The Rum Diary".
- Jamie Foxx Awkwardly Responds to Katie Holmes Dating Reports
- 'Marvel's Ant-Man' Animated Shorts Coming to Disney XD
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Reunite for Friend's Birthday Party at Disneyland
- Migos 'Weren't Comfortable' Performing With Drag Queens During Katy Perry's Performance on 'SNL'
- Tired-Looking Pippa Middleton and James Matthews Spotted at LAX. Heading for Honeymoon?
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Boobs in Nothing But Rope - See the Revealing Pics
- 'Preacher' Season 2 Unveils Featurette and Fiery Character Posters
- Angelina Jolie Doesn't Want Brad Pitt to Date Other Women