Dakota Fanning Helped by Los Angeles Band to Perfect Her 'Runaways' Role
Dakota Fanning prepared to play The Runaways' Cherie Currie by fronting Los Angeles band the Living Things. The teenage actress admits she was terrified about the idea of singing live in biopic "The Runaways", and so director Floria Sigismondi suggested she rehearse with her husband Lillian Berlin's band.
Fanning says, "Even the thought of singing karaoke has always terrified me, and I had never felt the power of a band behind me." The "I Am Sam" star grew so confident as the Living Things' stand-in singer she even invited members of her family to drop by the studio to see her perform.
And Currie was immediately impressed when she first saw the actress in action. As a token of respect Currie gave Fanning a David Bowie belt she made herself when she was 15 - the actress wears the belt as Currie in the film, which hits cinemas in America on Friday, March 19.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame