Dakota Fanning Helped by Los Angeles Band to Perfect Her 'Runaways' Role
Dakota Fanning prepared to play The Runaways' Cherie Currie by fronting Los Angeles band the Living Things. The teenage actress admits she was terrified about the idea of singing live in biopic "The Runaways", and so director Floria Sigismondi suggested she rehearse with her husband Lillian Berlin's band.
Fanning says, "Even the thought of singing karaoke has always terrified me, and I had never felt the power of a band behind me." The "I Am Sam" star grew so confident as the Living Things' stand-in singer she even invited members of her family to drop by the studio to see her perform.
And Currie was immediately impressed when she first saw the actress in action. As a token of respect Currie gave Fanning a David Bowie belt she made herself when she was 15 - the actress wears the belt as Currie in the film, which hits cinemas in America on Friday, March 19.
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos