Dakota Fanning Helped by Los Angeles Band to Perfect Her 'Runaways' Role
Dakota Fanning prepared to play The Runaways' Cherie Currie by fronting Los Angeles band the Living Things. The teenage actress admits she was terrified about the idea of singing live in biopic "The Runaways", and so director Floria Sigismondi suggested she rehearse with her husband Lillian Berlin's band.
Fanning says, "Even the thought of singing karaoke has always terrified me, and I had never felt the power of a band behind me." The "I Am Sam" star grew so confident as the Living Things' stand-in singer she even invited members of her family to drop by the studio to see her perform.
And Currie was immediately impressed when she first saw the actress in action. As a token of respect Currie gave Fanning a David Bowie belt she made herself when she was 15 - the actress wears the belt as Currie in the film, which hits cinemas in America on Friday, March 19.
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra