Dakota Fanning Helped by Los Angeles Band to Perfect Her 'Runaways' Role
Dakota Fanning prepared to play The Runaways' Cherie Currie by fronting Los Angeles band the Living Things. The teenage actress admits she was terrified about the idea of singing live in biopic "The Runaways", and so director Floria Sigismondi suggested she rehearse with her husband Lillian Berlin's band.
Fanning says, "Even the thought of singing karaoke has always terrified me, and I had never felt the power of a band behind me." The "I Am Sam" star grew so confident as the Living Things' stand-in singer she even invited members of her family to drop by the studio to see her perform.
And Currie was immediately impressed when she first saw the actress in action. As a token of respect Currie gave Fanning a David Bowie belt she made herself when she was 15 - the actress wears the belt as Currie in the film, which hits cinemas in America on Friday, March 19.
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown