Dakota Fanning Helped by Los Angeles Band to Perfect Her 'Runaways' Role
Dakota Fanning prepared to play The Runaways' Cherie Currie by fronting Los Angeles band the Living Things. The teenage actress admits she was terrified about the idea of singing live in biopic "The Runaways", and so director Floria Sigismondi suggested she rehearse with her husband Lillian Berlin's band.
Fanning says, "Even the thought of singing karaoke has always terrified me, and I had never felt the power of a band behind me." The "I Am Sam" star grew so confident as the Living Things' stand-in singer she even invited members of her family to drop by the studio to see her perform.
And Currie was immediately impressed when she first saw the actress in action. As a token of respect Currie gave Fanning a David Bowie belt she made herself when she was 15 - the actress wears the belt as Currie in the film, which hits cinemas in America on Friday, March 19.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016