Betty White Rejected 'DWTS', Hating to Embarrass Audience
Veteran actress Betty White turned down the chance to appear on "Dancing with the Stars" over fears she would "embarrass the audience." The 88-year-old admits she has been approached several times by producers of the show, asking her to hit the dance floor.
But White is adamant she won't be donning her dancing shoes any time soon - because 83-year-old actress Cloris Leachman filled the quota for veteran stars when she appeared on the seventh season in 2008.
White tells U.S. newsman Larry King, "I have been asked. And I've thanked them very profusely. And I said, no thank you. I think Cloris Leachman took care of that whole department. It would be fun and I would love it. But I think there comes a time when ... I don't want to embarrass the audience, but Cloris did it and she did fine. So I think she's taken care of our age bracket."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal