Betty White Rejected 'DWTS', Hating to Embarrass Audience
Veteran actress Betty White turned down the chance to appear on "Dancing with the Stars" over fears she would "embarrass the audience." The 88-year-old admits she has been approached several times by producers of the show, asking her to hit the dance floor.
But White is adamant she won't be donning her dancing shoes any time soon - because 83-year-old actress Cloris Leachman filled the quota for veteran stars when she appeared on the seventh season in 2008.
White tells U.S. newsman Larry King, "I have been asked. And I've thanked them very profusely. And I said, no thank you. I think Cloris Leachman took care of that whole department. It would be fun and I would love it. But I think there comes a time when ... I don't want to embarrass the audience, but Cloris did it and she did fine. So I think she's taken care of our age bracket."
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna