Betty White Rejected 'DWTS', Hating to Embarrass Audience
Veteran actress Betty White turned down the chance to appear on "Dancing with the Stars" over fears she would "embarrass the audience." The 88-year-old admits she has been approached several times by producers of the show, asking her to hit the dance floor.
But White is adamant she won't be donning her dancing shoes any time soon - because 83-year-old actress Cloris Leachman filled the quota for veteran stars when she appeared on the seventh season in 2008.
White tells U.S. newsman Larry King, "I have been asked. And I've thanked them very profusely. And I said, no thank you. I think Cloris Leachman took care of that whole department. It would be fun and I would love it. But I think there comes a time when ... I don't want to embarrass the audience, but Cloris did it and she did fine. So I think she's taken care of our age bracket."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent