Betty White Rejected 'DWTS', Hating to Embarrass Audience
Veteran actress Betty White turned down the chance to appear on "Dancing with the Stars" over fears she would "embarrass the audience." The 88-year-old admits she has been approached several times by producers of the show, asking her to hit the dance floor.
But White is adamant she won't be donning her dancing shoes any time soon - because 83-year-old actress Cloris Leachman filled the quota for veteran stars when she appeared on the seventh season in 2008.
White tells U.S. newsman Larry King, "I have been asked. And I've thanked them very profusely. And I said, no thank you. I think Cloris Leachman took care of that whole department. It would be fun and I would love it. But I think there comes a time when ... I don't want to embarrass the audience, but Cloris did it and she did fine. So I think she's taken care of our age bracket."
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'