Betty White Rejected 'DWTS', Hating to Embarrass Audience
Veteran actress Betty White turned down the chance to appear on "Dancing with the Stars" over fears she would "embarrass the audience." The 88-year-old admits she has been approached several times by producers of the show, asking her to hit the dance floor.
But White is adamant she won't be donning her dancing shoes any time soon - because 83-year-old actress Cloris Leachman filled the quota for veteran stars when she appeared on the seventh season in 2008.
White tells U.S. newsman Larry King, "I have been asked. And I've thanked them very profusely. And I said, no thank you. I think Cloris Leachman took care of that whole department. It would be fun and I would love it. But I think there comes a time when ... I don't want to embarrass the audience, but Cloris did it and she did fine. So I think she's taken care of our age bracket."
More Betty White News
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger
- Mel Gibson Welcomes Baby No. 9 - Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Lady GaGa Set to Release New Album in 2017
- 'My Super Sweet 16' Is Getting a Revival on MTV
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass