Dwayne Johnson Pays Tribute to Sam Cooke With His Singing
Wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock wowed U.S. TV audiences with his singing talents on Wednesday night, March 17, by staging a musical tribute to his idol, Sam Cooke. "The Scorpion King" star travels with an acoustic guitar which was given to him by country legend Willie Nelson several years ago, and agreed to play a short set on late night program "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno".
The comedian lit a candle as Johnson crooned Cooke's "You Send Me". Johnson said, "I was never in a band but I loved playing music ...Willie and I have been friends for about 10 years."
The 37-year-old actor continued, "For my birthday about six or seven years ago I come home and I get this box and inside this box was an exact replica of Willie's (signature) guitar (named) Trigger, and that was awesome."
More The Rock News
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'