Dwayne Johnson Pays Tribute to Sam Cooke With His Singing
Wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock wowed U.S. TV audiences with his singing talents on Wednesday night, March 17, by staging a musical tribute to his idol, Sam Cooke. "The Scorpion King" star travels with an acoustic guitar which was given to him by country legend Willie Nelson several years ago, and agreed to play a short set on late night program "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno".
The comedian lit a candle as Johnson crooned Cooke's "You Send Me". Johnson said, "I was never in a band but I loved playing music ...Willie and I have been friends for about 10 years."
The 37-year-old actor continued, "For my birthday about six or seven years ago I come home and I get this box and inside this box was an exact replica of Willie's (signature) guitar (named) Trigger, and that was awesome."
More The Rock News
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak