Dwayne Johnson Pays Tribute to Sam Cooke With His Singing
Wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock wowed U.S. TV audiences with his singing talents on Wednesday night, March 17, by staging a musical tribute to his idol, Sam Cooke. "The Scorpion King" star travels with an acoustic guitar which was given to him by country legend Willie Nelson several years ago, and agreed to play a short set on late night program "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno".
The comedian lit a candle as Johnson crooned Cooke's "You Send Me". Johnson said, "I was never in a band but I loved playing music ...Willie and I have been friends for about 10 years."
The 37-year-old actor continued, "For my birthday about six or seven years ago I come home and I get this box and inside this box was an exact replica of Willie's (signature) guitar (named) Trigger, and that was awesome."
More The Rock News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna