Dwayne Johnson Pays Tribute to Sam Cooke With His Singing
Wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock wowed U.S. TV audiences with his singing talents on Wednesday night, March 17, by staging a musical tribute to his idol, Sam Cooke. "The Scorpion King" star travels with an acoustic guitar which was given to him by country legend Willie Nelson several years ago, and agreed to play a short set on late night program "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno".
The comedian lit a candle as Johnson crooned Cooke's "You Send Me". Johnson said, "I was never in a band but I loved playing music ...Willie and I have been friends for about 10 years."
The 37-year-old actor continued, "For my birthday about six or seven years ago I come home and I get this box and inside this box was an exact replica of Willie's (signature) guitar (named) Trigger, and that was awesome."
More The Rock News
- Comic-Con: 'Once Upon a Time' Season 7 Gets October Premiere Date
- Watch John Boyega Pilot a Jaeger in 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Teaser Promo
- 'American Horror Story' Season 7 Official Title and Teaser Are Unveiled
- Comic-Con: 'Teen Wolf' Season 6B Debuts New Trailer, Dylan O'Brien Makes Surprise Panelist
- Comic-Con: 'Stargate' Is Revived With Prequel Series on Digital Platform
- Linkin Park Releases 'Talking to Myself' Video Before Reports of Chester Bennington's Death - Watch
- Braless Ariel Winter Flaunts Major Sideboob in Barely-There Top
- Comic-Con: 'Marvel's Inhumans' Trailer Shows Medusa's Power and Ellen Woglom's Mystery Character