Dwayne Johnson Pays Tribute to Sam Cooke With His Singing
Wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne Johnson aka The Rock wowed U.S. TV audiences with his singing talents on Wednesday night, March 17, by staging a musical tribute to his idol, Sam Cooke. "The Scorpion King" star travels with an acoustic guitar which was given to him by country legend Willie Nelson several years ago, and agreed to play a short set on late night program "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno".
The comedian lit a candle as Johnson crooned Cooke's "You Send Me". Johnson said, "I was never in a band but I loved playing music ...Willie and I have been friends for about 10 years."
The 37-year-old actor continued, "For my birthday about six or seven years ago I come home and I get this box and inside this box was an exact replica of Willie's (signature) guitar (named) Trigger, and that was awesome."
More The Rock News
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover