Miley Cyrus Can't Stand Claustrophobic 'Hannah Montana'
Miley Cyrus has to "grit her teeth" while filming her hit teen TV show "Hannah Montana" - she feels "claustrophobic" because she has "grown out of" her role on the show. The singer/actress shot to international stardom playing the schoolgirl-turned-secret pop star, landing the part when she was just 12-years-old.
Cyrus has now established herself as a pop star away from the Disney show, and is set to hit the big screen in "The Last Song" - her first lead film role since 2009's "Hannah Montana: The Movie". And the 17-year-old admits she can't stand going back to the teen TV series - because she is now too old to be starring in a kids' show.
She tells Parade magazine, "As I've grown into it, I've grown out of it. When I was 12, I thought, 'I want to be famous all the time! I want everybody to recognize me!' " Cyrus especially hates the "sparkly" costumes she has to wear on the series, adding "(I have) to grit my teeth. I can't breathe looking like that anymore."
"A friend came by the set one day and said, 'You don't look very happy'. I said, 'I'm feeling claustrophobic in all these frills. I hate being thought of as a product. I am not a doll, and people want to treat me that way. I'm older now. I have an opinion. I have my own taste."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'