Sandra Bullock's Husband Issues a Public Apology
Sandra Bullock's embattled husband Jesse James has issued a public apology to the Oscar winner and his three children for the "pain and embarrassment" caused by allegations of his infidelity. The Hollywood couple has been rocked by reports the TV mechanic had an affair with tattoo model Michelle McGee, which she claims took place while Bullock was shooting "The Blind Side" on location.
In the expose, by In Touch magazine, McGee further alleges the romance continued into 2010, insisting she has kept intimate text messages from James as proof, with some written as recently as March 14 - the week after Bullock claimed gold at the Oscars and tearfully acknowledged her husband in her acceptance speech.
Bullock, who pulled out of the movie's London premiere and has reportedly moved out of the couple's Long Beach, California home, has yet to comment on the scandal - but James has broken his silence to offer his apologies. In a statement issued to People, James insists the "vast majority" of allegations against him are "untrue and unfounded", but admits his "poor judgment" is to blame for the bad press currently leveled at him.
However, he stops short of admitting to cheating. The statement reads, "There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me. It's because of my poor judgment that I deserve everything bad that is coming my way."
"This has caused my wife and kids pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension and I am extremely saddened to have brought this on them. I am truly very sorry for the grief I have caused them. I hope one day they can find it in their hearts to forgive me."
Bullock and James wed in 2005. James has a son and daughter from his first marriage, and he shares a six-year-old girl, Sunny, with his second wife, porn star Janine Lindemulder.
More Sandra Bullock News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars