Sandra Bullock's Husband Issues a Public Apology
Sandra Bullock's embattled husband Jesse James has issued a public apology to the Oscar winner and his three children for the "pain and embarrassment" caused by allegations of his infidelity. The Hollywood couple has been rocked by reports the TV mechanic had an affair with tattoo model Michelle McGee, which she claims took place while Bullock was shooting "The Blind Side" on location.
In the expose, by In Touch magazine, McGee further alleges the romance continued into 2010, insisting she has kept intimate text messages from James as proof, with some written as recently as March 14 - the week after Bullock claimed gold at the Oscars and tearfully acknowledged her husband in her acceptance speech.
Bullock, who pulled out of the movie's London premiere and has reportedly moved out of the couple's Long Beach, California home, has yet to comment on the scandal - but James has broken his silence to offer his apologies. In a statement issued to People, James insists the "vast majority" of allegations against him are "untrue and unfounded", but admits his "poor judgment" is to blame for the bad press currently leveled at him.
However, he stops short of admitting to cheating. The statement reads, "There is only one person to blame for this whole situation, and that is me. It's because of my poor judgment that I deserve everything bad that is coming my way."
"This has caused my wife and kids pain and embarrassment beyond comprehension and I am extremely saddened to have brought this on them. I am truly very sorry for the grief I have caused them. I hope one day they can find it in their hearts to forgive me."
Bullock and James wed in 2005. James has a son and daughter from his first marriage, and he shares a six-year-old girl, Sunny, with his second wife, porn star Janine Lindemulder.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story