Michael Jackson's Older Sister Burst Into Tears During Oscars Tribute
Michael Jackson's older sister Rebbie Jackson wept at the Oscars in March after she saw a picture of her late sibling on the screen as the Academy remembered the stars who had died over the last 12 months. 59-year-old Rebbie and her 48-year-old brother Randy were in the audience when the superstar was remembered as part of the show's annual video memorial.
And Rebbie, who keeps a low public profile, insists she was deeply moved by the tribute to the King of Pop. She tells People, "When I saw his picture - that was hard, it brought tears." Rebbie also honored her brother's memory by picking up a special award at the Children Uniting Nations fundraiser, where the "Thriller" hitmaker was cited for his work with children's charities.
She added, "I got very emotional afterward. But I was very pleased and happy to be a part of this - Michael was very passionate about children and supporting their causes. Boy, he would have loved this. I'm grateful and thankful to all these people."
And Rebbie reveals her family has come together during the testing time - and her mother Katherine loves having everyone around her, "We're just trying to be a family and get ourselves through all of it - it has been so much. I'm just trying to stay positive. But other than that, Michael's kids are fine."
"Her (Katherine Jackson) favorite thing as a grandma is for everyone to come over and play games; especially Pictionary. All the time. Everyone gets involved and we all act silly. She's a mother every day and she always supports the kids."
More Michael Jackson News
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms