TV Presenter Suspended for Insulting Ke$ha
A British TV presenter has been suspended from her hosting duties after she swore at U.S. pop sensation Ke$ha backstage at an awards show in London. Miquita Oliver - who fronts teen favorite "T4" on U.K. network Channel 4 - was overheard cursing at the "TiK ToK" hitmaker by the star's management at last month's NME Awards.
Ke$ha's reps were so insulted by the four-letter swear word which Oliver levied at the singer, they took up the issue with the presenter's TV bosses. And Oliver has now been told to take several weeks off the airwaves as punishment for her outburst.
A source tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "Miquita was having a really bad day. She blurted out the angry words and thought no one had heard her. She didn't mean anything personally, it was a spur of the moment thing. But Ke$ha's team caught it and were outraged. They complained to Miquita's bosses who dealt with her straight away. She was given a serious telling off, and told to take some time off."
A spokesperson for Channel 4 has confirmed the suspension, explaining, "Miquita Oliver was involved in an issue at the NME awards that she now regrets. The matter has been dealt with swiftly by 'T4', and Miquita has also sent an apology to those concerned and it has been noted. She will remain a key part of our T4 presenting team and viewers will see her on air as normal over the coming weeks."
Oliver's best pal, singer Lily Allen, was also involved in an altercation at the event - she became embroiled in a shouting match with Courtney Love after the Hole rocker claimed the pop star had blocked her from wearing Chanel designs to the BRIT Awards earlier the same month.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences