Julianne Moore Shares Her Mixed Feeling During 'As the World Turns' Return
Actress Julianne Moore was thrilled to get the chance to return to the U.S. TV soap where she began her acting career - so she could thank her old castmates and friends before the show was axed. "The Hours" star, who played sisters Frannie and Sabrina Hughes on "As the World Turns" in the mid-1980s, was upset when she heard the long-running show was ending and signed up to appear in one of the final shows.
She tells WENN, "There is no time continuum in soaps, so I just came back as one of the sisters. The other one was stuck somewhere else! 'As the World Turns' was my first big job and everyone was wonderful and incredibly professional and very supportive and loving. It was a great job for me, so when they said the show was ending it was incredibly sad because you don't want to see anything end like that."
"I was happy to go back and glad to be there near the end of it. I was glad to see the people who played my parents and the woman who played my sister and to see a couple of the crew members who were still there. It was cool to be able to have that opportunity and to thank people."
More Julianne Moore News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie