Sean Hayes Reveals His Sexuality After Partner's Health Scare
"Will & Grace" star Sean Hayes was driven to finally open up about his homosexuality in early March after his longterm boyfriend suffered a cancer scare, according to reports. The actor has long refused to comment publicly about his sexual orientation, despite playing flamboyant gay character Jack McFarlane on the hit U.S. sitcom.
But he confirmed one of the worst kept secrets in show business in an interview in the March edition of The Advocate magazine, in which he revealed he was gay. He said, "I am who I am. I was never in (the closet), as they say. Never. I believe that nobody owes anything to anybody... I spend time with a special someone in my life. That's it. That's all I need. I don't need events. I don't do a lot. I live my life like an 85-year-old man. I'm just quiet. It's fantastic."
And U.S. tabloid the National Enquirer claims it was when Hayes' partner, interior designer David Phoenix, was diagnosed with stage four cancer that he decided to stop hiding his sexuality. A source says, "Sean realized that life is too short for regrets. He says David is his soul mate, and he's finally ready to share his joy with the world. They live a life of domestic bliss together in Los Angeles. Everyone close to Sean is thrilled." The couple has reportedly been dating for four years.
More Sean Hayes News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2