Sean Hayes Reveals His Sexuality After Partner's Health Scare
"Will & Grace" star Sean Hayes was driven to finally open up about his homosexuality in early March after his longterm boyfriend suffered a cancer scare, according to reports. The actor has long refused to comment publicly about his sexual orientation, despite playing flamboyant gay character Jack McFarlane on the hit U.S. sitcom.
But he confirmed one of the worst kept secrets in show business in an interview in the March edition of The Advocate magazine, in which he revealed he was gay. He said, "I am who I am. I was never in (the closet), as they say. Never. I believe that nobody owes anything to anybody... I spend time with a special someone in my life. That's it. That's all I need. I don't need events. I don't do a lot. I live my life like an 85-year-old man. I'm just quiet. It's fantastic."
And U.S. tabloid the National Enquirer claims it was when Hayes' partner, interior designer David Phoenix, was diagnosed with stage four cancer that he decided to stop hiding his sexuality. A source says, "Sean realized that life is too short for regrets. He says David is his soul mate, and he's finally ready to share his joy with the world. They live a life of domestic bliss together in Los Angeles. Everyone close to Sean is thrilled." The couple has reportedly been dating for four years.
More Sean Hayes News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie