Demi Lovato Forces Young Fans to Encourage Adults to Help U.S. Census
Singer Demi Lovato is urging her young fans to convince their parents to participate in the U.S. 2010 census - to help make a better future for the next generation of adults. The Disney star is backing Eva Longoria's campaign to encourage American citizens to give up their details for the upcoming survey, and is calling on her loyal followers to get the adults in their lives to take part.
In a blog post on her Twitter page, she writes, "A lot of you may not understand why I believe it's important that the youth of today is informed about the 2010 census. The census isn't something only adults should pay attention to."
"The significance of the information that's counted and used to fund more schools, hospitals, the environment and many other important things for our community. The things we fill out on this census today will effect us for the next 10 YEARS... that's a long time people!!!"
"Even if YOU aren't the one filling out the census, you could be the person in your household that makes your parents, and many other people aware of how serious this is and could possibly make a huge difference for your community. The great thing about this census is only good can come from it... so why not fill it out? Our generation can impact the future... Because ultimately, our generation IS the future."
More Demi Lovato News
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'