Marie Osmond Calls Off a String of Las Vegas Gigs
Marie Osmond has scrapped a string of Las Vegas variety shows to allow her more time to grieve the death of her teenage son. The singer has been mourning the loss of adopted 18-year-old Michael Blosil who was found dead outside his Los Angeles apartment building in February.
The teen, who is believed to have committed suicide, was laid to rest in Utah on March 8 and Osmond resumed her role in "The Donny & Marie Show" with brother Donny Osmond just a day later, March 9. Reports have suggested the "Paper Roses" singer has been struggling to contain her emotions in recent performances, and the National Enquirer claims she sparked fears for her health when she collapsed into a chair backstage upon her Vegas comeback.
A source told the tabloid, "Right after Marie got backstage, she shuddered and began to fall. Her knees buckled and she slumped into a chair ... She collapsed because she was in the same place where she had learned of his death, backstage at the Flamingo."
The insider claims Osmond had been advised by doctors to take time out of her busy work schedule to deal with her grief in private - and now she's taking heed of their wise words. The star has canceled the remainder of "The Donny & Marie Show" dates for this week and her representative Alan Nierob tells People, "She's still processing everything and it's really rough on her."
The Osmonds are expected to resume their variety act next Tuesday, on March 23.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?