Marie Osmond Calls Off a String of Las Vegas Gigs
Marie Osmond has scrapped a string of Las Vegas variety shows to allow her more time to grieve the death of her teenage son. The singer has been mourning the loss of adopted 18-year-old Michael Blosil who was found dead outside his Los Angeles apartment building in February.
The teen, who is believed to have committed suicide, was laid to rest in Utah on March 8 and Osmond resumed her role in "The Donny & Marie Show" with brother Donny Osmond just a day later, March 9. Reports have suggested the "Paper Roses" singer has been struggling to contain her emotions in recent performances, and the National Enquirer claims she sparked fears for her health when she collapsed into a chair backstage upon her Vegas comeback.
A source told the tabloid, "Right after Marie got backstage, she shuddered and began to fall. Her knees buckled and she slumped into a chair ... She collapsed because she was in the same place where she had learned of his death, backstage at the Flamingo."
The insider claims Osmond had been advised by doctors to take time out of her busy work schedule to deal with her grief in private - and now she's taking heed of their wise words. The star has canceled the remainder of "The Donny & Marie Show" dates for this week and her representative Alan Nierob tells People, "She's still processing everything and it's really rough on her."
The Osmonds are expected to resume their variety act next Tuesday, on March 23.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'