Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes' Split Reportedly Caused by Rebecca Hall
Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes' marriage was rocked by arguments about the director's friendship with British actress Rebecca Hall, according to U.K. reports. The "Titanic" star and her "American Beauty" director husband announced their split on Monday, March 15, bringing their seven year marriage to an end.
According to recent reports, the pair struggled to work together while filming "Revolutionary Road" and drifted apart after the movie wrapped. And new claims in several British newspapers suggest Winslet was furious about the amount of time Mendes spent with "Frost/Nixon" star Hall after he cast her in two of his plays.
A source tells U.K. newspaper the Daily Mirror, "Sam is a huge admirer of Rebecca's work. He can be quite a lovely at times and really worked well with her, which would obviously wind Kate up. There's no suggestion of anything untoward but undoubtedly the friendship didn't help mend the struggling marriage. They are most definitely just friends. To suggest anything else is wide of the mark."
And the publication adds that Winslet's decision to stay in America to star in a U.S. TV drama instead of returning to her native U.K. with him for his filming commitments caused a deeper rift between the couple. The insider says, "Sam raised several questions over whether she should be doing it, insisting she was above a TV script, and it wouldn't progress her career. Not surprisingly, Kate went ballistic."
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016