Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes' Split Reportedly Caused by Rebecca Hall
Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes' marriage was rocked by arguments about the director's friendship with British actress Rebecca Hall, according to U.K. reports. The "Titanic" star and her "American Beauty" director husband announced their split on Monday, March 15, bringing their seven year marriage to an end.
According to recent reports, the pair struggled to work together while filming "Revolutionary Road" and drifted apart after the movie wrapped. And new claims in several British newspapers suggest Winslet was furious about the amount of time Mendes spent with "Frost/Nixon" star Hall after he cast her in two of his plays.
A source tells U.K. newspaper the Daily Mirror, "Sam is a huge admirer of Rebecca's work. He can be quite a lovely at times and really worked well with her, which would obviously wind Kate up. There's no suggestion of anything untoward but undoubtedly the friendship didn't help mend the struggling marriage. They are most definitely just friends. To suggest anything else is wide of the mark."
And the publication adds that Winslet's decision to stay in America to star in a U.S. TV drama instead of returning to her native U.K. with him for his filming commitments caused a deeper rift between the couple. The insider says, "Sam raised several questions over whether she should be doing it, insisting she was above a TV script, and it wouldn't progress her career. Not surprisingly, Kate went ballistic."
More Kate Winslet News
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer