'New Moon' Picked as ShoWest Top Movie
"The Twilight Saga's New Moon" has been named the film of 2009 by filmgoers voting for the Fandango Fan Choice Award at the upcoming ShoWest convention in Las Vegas. The sequel beat "Avatar" and eight other movies to claim the top prize at the cinema owners event, which starts in late March. "New Moon" garnered 66 per cent of the vote.
"The Twilight Saga's New Moon" broke midnight record on the eve of November 20 as its release took approximately $26.3 million from 3,514 theaters. It later topped the North American Box Office chart and made the third biggest opening weekend of all time after grossing $142,8 million.
In the "Twilight" sequel, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner reprise Edward Cullen, Bella Swan and Jacob Black respectively. The stars play along with Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Nikki Reed, Kellan Lutz and Dakota Fanning.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival