'New Moon' Picked as ShoWest Top Movie
"The Twilight Saga's New Moon" has been named the film of 2009 by filmgoers voting for the Fandango Fan Choice Award at the upcoming ShoWest convention in Las Vegas. The sequel beat "Avatar" and eight other movies to claim the top prize at the cinema owners event, which starts in late March. "New Moon" garnered 66 per cent of the vote.
"The Twilight Saga's New Moon" broke midnight record on the eve of November 20 as its release took approximately $26.3 million from 3,514 theaters. It later topped the North American Box Office chart and made the third biggest opening weekend of all time after grossing $142,8 million.
In the "Twilight" sequel, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner reprise Edward Cullen, Bella Swan and Jacob Black respectively. The stars play along with Ashley Greene, Jackson Rathbone, Nikki Reed, Kellan Lutz and Dakota Fanning.
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair