'Telephone' Director Convinced Lady GaGa Will Be the Next Madonna
The man behind some of Madonna's most iconic videos has hailed Lady GaGa as the next Queen of Pop, after noticing the similarities between the pop pair while filming the singer's epic new video for "Telephone". Jonas Akerlund directed GaGa's racy new promo, which features Beyonce Knowles and lasts a staggering nine-and-a-half minutes.
And the Swedish filmmaker, who worked with the "Material Girl" on her "Ray of Light" and "Music" videos, couldn't believe how alike Madonna and the "Poker Face" hitmaker are. He tells MTV, "I really don't like to compare the artists that I work with, because they are all so unique and so different. One thing for sure is that GaGa is a true artist. She's really a huge talent, and she's such a hard worker."
"That makes me think of Madonna, because Madonna is always such a hard worker, more than anybody else. She's (Madonna) always very creative. She always goes back to creativity. She has so much politics around and all these stupid rumors and gossip and all that, and some artists manage to stay above that. So, in that sense, I'm fine with comparing (GaGa and Madonna), but then again, they're so different."
"I also have 12 years with Madonna and I have two videos with GaGa; it's the future to tell, but I think that GaGa has all the potential and all the tools and all the brain to take her creativity as far she wants to. But she's great." GaGa recently insisted she was ready to revolutionize the pop charts, the same way Madonna did in the 1980s.
More Lady GaGa News
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture