'Telephone' Director Convinced Lady GaGa Will Be the Next Madonna
The man behind some of Madonna's most iconic videos has hailed Lady GaGa as the next Queen of Pop, after noticing the similarities between the pop pair while filming the singer's epic new video for "Telephone". Jonas Akerlund directed GaGa's racy new promo, which features Beyonce Knowles and lasts a staggering nine-and-a-half minutes.
And the Swedish filmmaker, who worked with the "Material Girl" on her "Ray of Light" and "Music" videos, couldn't believe how alike Madonna and the "Poker Face" hitmaker are. He tells MTV, "I really don't like to compare the artists that I work with, because they are all so unique and so different. One thing for sure is that GaGa is a true artist. She's really a huge talent, and she's such a hard worker."
"That makes me think of Madonna, because Madonna is always such a hard worker, more than anybody else. She's (Madonna) always very creative. She always goes back to creativity. She has so much politics around and all these stupid rumors and gossip and all that, and some artists manage to stay above that. So, in that sense, I'm fine with comparing (GaGa and Madonna), but then again, they're so different."
"I also have 12 years with Madonna and I have two videos with GaGa; it's the future to tell, but I think that GaGa has all the potential and all the tools and all the brain to take her creativity as far she wants to. But she's great." GaGa recently insisted she was ready to revolutionize the pop charts, the same way Madonna did in the 1980s.
More Lady GaGa News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones