Betty White Tapped to Front 'Hot in Cleveland'
Beloved actress Betty White is breathing new life into her TV career at the age of 88 - she's landed a deal to star in her own U.S. comedy series. In recent years, the "Golden Girls" star has signed on for guest spots on U.S. shows including "My Name is Earl", "Stealing Christmas" and "Annie's Point".
But now the Grandma Annie of "The Proposal" is set to front her own show - network bosses at TV Land are turning her pilot episode for "Hot in Cleveland" into a full series. The legendary star will play the sharp-tongued caretaker of a Cleveland home shared by three former Los Angeles residents, played by Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick.
"Hot in Cleveland" is set to premiere in the U.S. in June.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia