Betty White Tapped to Front 'Hot in Cleveland'
Beloved actress Betty White is breathing new life into her TV career at the age of 88 - she's landed a deal to star in her own U.S. comedy series. In recent years, the "Golden Girls" star has signed on for guest spots on U.S. shows including "My Name is Earl", "Stealing Christmas" and "Annie's Point".
But now the Grandma Annie of "The Proposal" is set to front her own show - network bosses at TV Land are turning her pilot episode for "Hot in Cleveland" into a full series. The legendary star will play the sharp-tongued caretaker of a Cleveland home shared by three former Los Angeles residents, played by Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves and Wendie Malick.
"Hot in Cleveland" is set to premiere in the U.S. in June.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date