Lil Wayne Gets Bench Warrant
Rapper Lil Wayne's legal woes keep piling up - even though he's behind bars in New York. A bench warrant was issued for the "Lollipop" hitmaker in Yuma County, Arizona on Tuesday, March 16 after he failed to show up for a court date in the state.
Lil Wayne was slated to fight charges related to a January 2008 arrest, where police found marijuana, cocaine, Ecstasy pills and a pistol on his tour bus. The rapper was jailed at New York's notorious Riker's Island in early March for illegal weapons possession. He'll be behind bars for 12-months.
Before starting his prison term, Lil Wayne had a string of sentence delays. The rapper was initially expected to be sentenced in February, but he was granted a postponement to undergo dental surgery. His next court hearing was delayed once again after fire occurred at court on March 2.
More Lil Wayne News
- Chris Klein Welcomes First Child With Wife, Shares First Photos of Cute Baby Boy
- 'American Horror Story' First Season 6 Teasers Are Creepy as Hell
- JoJo to Release New Album 'Mad Love' in October
- Ed Sheeran Sparks Wedding Rumors After Spotted With Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed