Lil Wayne Gets Bench Warrant
Rapper Lil Wayne's legal woes keep piling up - even though he's behind bars in New York. A bench warrant was issued for the "Lollipop" hitmaker in Yuma County, Arizona on Tuesday, March 16 after he failed to show up for a court date in the state.
Lil Wayne was slated to fight charges related to a January 2008 arrest, where police found marijuana, cocaine, Ecstasy pills and a pistol on his tour bus. The rapper was jailed at New York's notorious Riker's Island in early March for illegal weapons possession. He'll be behind bars for 12-months.
Before starting his prison term, Lil Wayne had a string of sentence delays. The rapper was initially expected to be sentenced in February, but he was granted a postponement to undergo dental surgery. His next court hearing was delayed once again after fire occurred at court on March 2.
More Lil Wayne News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'