Lil Wayne Gets Bench Warrant
Rapper Lil Wayne's legal woes keep piling up - even though he's behind bars in New York. A bench warrant was issued for the "Lollipop" hitmaker in Yuma County, Arizona on Tuesday, March 16 after he failed to show up for a court date in the state.
Lil Wayne was slated to fight charges related to a January 2008 arrest, where police found marijuana, cocaine, Ecstasy pills and a pistol on his tour bus. The rapper was jailed at New York's notorious Riker's Island in early March for illegal weapons possession. He'll be behind bars for 12-months.
Before starting his prison term, Lil Wayne had a string of sentence delays. The rapper was initially expected to be sentenced in February, but he was granted a postponement to undergo dental surgery. His next court hearing was delayed once again after fire occurred at court on March 2.
More Lil Wayne News
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Feud With Adam Lambert: 'This Is Completely Entertainment'
- SISTAR Disbands After 7 Years, Members Pen Heartfelt Handwritten Letters to Fans