Lil Wayne Gets Bench Warrant
Rapper Lil Wayne's legal woes keep piling up - even though he's behind bars in New York. A bench warrant was issued for the "Lollipop" hitmaker in Yuma County, Arizona on Tuesday, March 16 after he failed to show up for a court date in the state.
Lil Wayne was slated to fight charges related to a January 2008 arrest, where police found marijuana, cocaine, Ecstasy pills and a pistol on his tour bus. The rapper was jailed at New York's notorious Riker's Island in early March for illegal weapons possession. He'll be behind bars for 12-months.
Before starting his prison term, Lil Wayne had a string of sentence delays. The rapper was initially expected to be sentenced in February, but he was granted a postponement to undergo dental surgery. His next court hearing was delayed once again after fire occurred at court on March 2.
More Lil Wayne News
- Sofia Richie Blasts Tobey Maguire Romance Rumors
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Not Guilty in Pipeline Protest
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid Get Nose Jobs as Humanoid Pets
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight