Lil Wayne Gets Bench Warrant
Rapper Lil Wayne's legal woes keep piling up - even though he's behind bars in New York. A bench warrant was issued for the "Lollipop" hitmaker in Yuma County, Arizona on Tuesday, March 16 after he failed to show up for a court date in the state.
Lil Wayne was slated to fight charges related to a January 2008 arrest, where police found marijuana, cocaine, Ecstasy pills and a pistol on his tour bus. The rapper was jailed at New York's notorious Riker's Island in early March for illegal weapons possession. He'll be behind bars for 12-months.
Before starting his prison term, Lil Wayne had a string of sentence delays. The rapper was initially expected to be sentenced in February, but he was granted a postponement to undergo dental surgery. His next court hearing was delayed once again after fire occurred at court on March 2.
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues