Dakota Fanning Got Sign She Was Destined to Play Cherie Currie
Actress Dakota Fanning is convinced she was born to play The Runaways' lead singer Cherie Currie - because she had a fake cherry tattoo on her arm the day she received the script for the band's biopic. Fanning teamed up with Kristen Stewart in the upcoming movie, which chronicles the band's rise to superstardom, and told the real Currie she was destined to portray her on film.
The real-life rocker tells WENN, "I asked Dakota how she got involved in the film and she said, 'You're not going to believe this, but I was in school and one of my girlfriends had these temporary tattoos and I picked a single cherry and put it on my arm. When I came home my mom said, Dakota you're not gonna believe this, but I've got a script and you're going to be playing a girl that has a cherry tattoo!' "
"Dakota thought that was a sign and after she read the script she said she didn't think anyone else could play the role but her. I asked her why and she said, 'How are they gonna get a 26-year-old to play a 15-year-old?' "
And after spending time with the "I Am Sam" star on the set, Currie agrees the teenager was the perfect choice to play her, "She was incredible and a unique talent like nothing I've ever seen. I hope maybe the Oscars will see her next year."
More Dakota Fanning News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed