Dakota Fanning Got Sign She Was Destined to Play Cherie Currie
Actress Dakota Fanning is convinced she was born to play The Runaways' lead singer Cherie Currie - because she had a fake cherry tattoo on her arm the day she received the script for the band's biopic. Fanning teamed up with Kristen Stewart in the upcoming movie, which chronicles the band's rise to superstardom, and told the real Currie she was destined to portray her on film.
The real-life rocker tells WENN, "I asked Dakota how she got involved in the film and she said, 'You're not going to believe this, but I was in school and one of my girlfriends had these temporary tattoos and I picked a single cherry and put it on my arm. When I came home my mom said, Dakota you're not gonna believe this, but I've got a script and you're going to be playing a girl that has a cherry tattoo!' "
"Dakota thought that was a sign and after she read the script she said she didn't think anyone else could play the role but her. I asked her why and she said, 'How are they gonna get a 26-year-old to play a 15-year-old?' "
And after spending time with the "I Am Sam" star on the set, Currie agrees the teenager was the perfect choice to play her, "She was incredible and a unique talent like nothing I've ever seen. I hope maybe the Oscars will see her next year."
More Dakota Fanning News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March