Dakota Fanning Got Sign She Was Destined to Play Cherie Currie
Actress Dakota Fanning is convinced she was born to play The Runaways' lead singer Cherie Currie - because she had a fake cherry tattoo on her arm the day she received the script for the band's biopic. Fanning teamed up with Kristen Stewart in the upcoming movie, which chronicles the band's rise to superstardom, and told the real Currie she was destined to portray her on film.
The real-life rocker tells WENN, "I asked Dakota how she got involved in the film and she said, 'You're not going to believe this, but I was in school and one of my girlfriends had these temporary tattoos and I picked a single cherry and put it on my arm. When I came home my mom said, Dakota you're not gonna believe this, but I've got a script and you're going to be playing a girl that has a cherry tattoo!' "
"Dakota thought that was a sign and after she read the script she said she didn't think anyone else could play the role but her. I asked her why and she said, 'How are they gonna get a 26-year-old to play a 15-year-old?' "
And after spending time with the "I Am Sam" star on the set, Currie agrees the teenager was the perfect choice to play her, "She was incredible and a unique talent like nothing I've ever seen. I hope maybe the Oscars will see her next year."
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny