Catherine Zeta-Jones Hopes to Star With Michael Douglas in 'War of the Roses'
Catherine Zeta-Jones is plotting her first onscreen role with husband Michael Douglas - in a remake of his 1989 black comedy "War of the Roses". The Chicago beauty admits she "definitely" wants to star alongside the "Wall Street" actor on the big screen - even though she feels "voyeuristic" watching real-life couples, like former spouses Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, play lovers on film.
But Zeta-Jones, who's been married to Douglas since 2000, insists the pair would make a perfect match for the thriller, about a couple in a vicious divorce battle. She says, "Sometimes I find it (couples starring together in films) really strange."
The 40-year-old actress continues, "I know that Nicole and Tom did it a few times ... But I would like to remake 'War of the Roses' with my husband, where we try to kill each other."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says