David Beckham Thanks Fans for Support Following Injury
Soccer superstar David Beckham has thanked fans for their support after a devastating injury during a match on Sunday, March 14 wrecked his World Cup dream. The England international was carried from the pitch in tears after rupturing his Achilles' tendon during a game for AC Milan. He is currently on loan to the Italian club from his base at Los Angeles Galaxy.
The injury is almost certain to end Beckham's hopes of competing in his fourth successive World Cup tournament in South Africa in summer - and messages of support have poured in from shocked fans and fellow soccer stars.
In a message on his official website, a rep for the player writes, "David is on his way to Finland to see a specialist and have a scan on the injury. He is understandably upset but wants to thank everyone for their messages of support. He hopes to make a swift and full recovery."
More David Beckham News
- Is Gwen Stefani Pregnant With Blake Shelton's Child?
- See a Glimpse of Gru and Dru's Past in New 'Despicable Me 3' Trailer
- Kylie Jenner Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mesh Top in New Selfie
- Justin Bieber Forgets 'Despacito' Spanish Lyrics, Sings 'Blah, Blah, Blah' Instead
- Fans Loath ABC's 'Dirty Dancing' Remake - See the Hilarious Memes
- Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt as She Enjoys Jet Ski Ride With Younes Bendjima
- New Couple Alert! Bow Wow Reportedly Dating This Blonde Reality Star
- The First Heart-Wrenching Trailer of 'Wonder' Sees Julia Roberts, Owen Wilson and Jacob Tremblay