David Beckham Thanks Fans for Support Following Injury
Soccer superstar David Beckham has thanked fans for their support after a devastating injury during a match on Sunday, March 14 wrecked his World Cup dream. The England international was carried from the pitch in tears after rupturing his Achilles' tendon during a game for AC Milan. He is currently on loan to the Italian club from his base at Los Angeles Galaxy.
The injury is almost certain to end Beckham's hopes of competing in his fourth successive World Cup tournament in South Africa in summer - and messages of support have poured in from shocked fans and fellow soccer stars.
In a message on his official website, a rep for the player writes, "David is on his way to Finland to see a specialist and have a scan on the injury. He is understandably upset but wants to thank everyone for their messages of support. He hopes to make a swift and full recovery."
More David Beckham News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist