David Beckham Thanks Fans for Support Following Injury
Soccer superstar David Beckham has thanked fans for their support after a devastating injury during a match on Sunday, March 14 wrecked his World Cup dream. The England international was carried from the pitch in tears after rupturing his Achilles' tendon during a game for AC Milan. He is currently on loan to the Italian club from his base at Los Angeles Galaxy.
The injury is almost certain to end Beckham's hopes of competing in his fourth successive World Cup tournament in South Africa in summer - and messages of support have poured in from shocked fans and fellow soccer stars.
In a message on his official website, a rep for the player writes, "David is on his way to Finland to see a specialist and have a scan on the injury. He is understandably upset but wants to thank everyone for their messages of support. He hopes to make a swift and full recovery."
More David Beckham News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival