David Beckham Thanks Fans for Support Following Injury
Soccer superstar David Beckham has thanked fans for their support after a devastating injury during a match on Sunday, March 14 wrecked his World Cup dream. The England international was carried from the pitch in tears after rupturing his Achilles' tendon during a game for AC Milan. He is currently on loan to the Italian club from his base at Los Angeles Galaxy.
The injury is almost certain to end Beckham's hopes of competing in his fourth successive World Cup tournament in South Africa in summer - and messages of support have poured in from shocked fans and fellow soccer stars.
In a message on his official website, a rep for the player writes, "David is on his way to Finland to see a specialist and have a scan on the injury. He is understandably upset but wants to thank everyone for their messages of support. He hopes to make a swift and full recovery."
More David Beckham News
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'