David Beckham Thanks Fans for Support Following Injury
Soccer superstar David Beckham has thanked fans for their support after a devastating injury during a match on Sunday, March 14 wrecked his World Cup dream. The England international was carried from the pitch in tears after rupturing his Achilles' tendon during a game for AC Milan. He is currently on loan to the Italian club from his base at Los Angeles Galaxy.
The injury is almost certain to end Beckham's hopes of competing in his fourth successive World Cup tournament in South Africa in summer - and messages of support have poured in from shocked fans and fellow soccer stars.
In a message on his official website, a rep for the player writes, "David is on his way to Finland to see a specialist and have a scan on the injury. He is understandably upset but wants to thank everyone for their messages of support. He hopes to make a swift and full recovery."
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video and Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet